"Look, Genevieve, that army is meant to protect our daughter, to make this city perfectly safe. And in return we'll also keep you safe. Perfectly safe, darling." Lucy said. "Either you do it or we find another witch who will happily aid us. But the catch is that none of them are being forced by the ancestors to give their lives up for a harvest girl."

"Easy as that." Klaus smirked at her. "So, is it an in or we need to call in some other contacts?"

"Fine." she gritted her teeth. "I'll do it."

"Fantastic." Lucy smirked at her.

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

"They should have been back hours ago." Hayley exclaimed, pacing around in worry eliciting a sigh from Lucy.

"Hayley, Marcel won't go as far as killing them. And Klaus and Elijah are right on their way. They'll bring them back." Lucy tried to console her.

"He could! For. . . for revenge."

"What revenge?" Lucy raised an inquisitive brow at her.

"That guy. Thierry, remember? Klaus got him killed in one of his diabolical plots."

"Oh, him." Lucy nodded.

"Elijah should have called by now." Hayley gnawed at her bottom lip in worry.

"Worrying isn't going to help, Hayley." Lucy said, grabbing her softly by the arms to stop her pacing and made her sit down onto the couch next to herself. "They won't let anything happen to Jackson. I know it."

Hayley let out a slight laugh at her words. "What a joke."

"Practically, it's true. If the Alpha of the pack will die, the pack will suffer a lot, and maybe they'll blame Klaus since Jackson was out for his work. And currently we don't want that, we just want to create the moonlight rings and gain their trust." Lucy explained. "So, practically, you can trust the brothers to bring your Jackson back safe."

Hayley sighed in defeat. "I just want your words to be true enough."

"They are true enough." Genevieve commented, entering their conversation as the pair turned their eyes to look at her.

"In fact, you should think it over. You're the point for this. Elijah running all over the town? It's all for you. And Klaus, well, for her." she finished, looking at Lucy.

"Thanks. I appreciate the compliment." Lucy said dryly, sarcasm lacing her tone.

"I find it weird that Hayley is willing to let her whole pack submit to the Mikaelsons." Genevieve shrugged.

"Nobody's submitting." Lucy snorted. "Klaus is not going to control them or anything. They won't be his servants. They'll simply pledge loyalty towards our daughter's protection. An oath, built over trust and loyalty."

"Well, that's what you think. What do you think, Hayley?" she turned to the Marshall wolf.

"Last I checked, I wasn't asking for your opinion." Hayley snapped. "I know very well what's good for my pack and what's not."

Lucy hid her smirk behind her hand.

"Fine." Genevieve scoffed. "Your pack. Your choice. But I'm here if you need anything."

Hayley turned to the redhead with a sarcastic smile plastered onto her face. "How about moonlight rings?"

"The spell can't be performed until the moon reaches its apex. And also, I need the stones for it."

"And you'll get them soon enough." Lucy passed her a tight lipped smile, before rising from the couch. "I'm a tad bit hungry. Hayley, you want something?"