Chapter Nineteen

Author POV

Two days passed after Jeonghan and Soeun got into a fight. Jeonghan was trying his best to ask for forgiveness but Soeun kept ignoring him. She knows that Jeonghan didn't mean to hurt her feelings but still she feels upset.

This morning she decided to go to work earlier than she always does. She puts her headphones on as she started to walk. She can't help but wonder what will happen if her child is safe. Will her and Dokyeom still be together? Soeun started to daydream about how perfect her life could be not until she hears a loud scream.

Soeun immediately turned her head towards scream. She put her headphones on her bag as she slowly took a taser gun out. She took a deep breath as she entered the dark alley as the sun hasn't risen yet.

She reached her phone on her and turns on the flashlight. She gasped to see a familiar figure covered with blood on the floor.

"Mingyu?" she thought.

She was about to approach him as she realized that someone is standing far from the Mingyu. Soeun immediately recognized the man.

"It's Dino again."

Soeun immediately chased him as she pulled out her phone to call an ambulance. She kept running until she saw Dino turns left at an intersection.

"You're done for," she mumbled.

As Soeun is ready to turn left, she was shocked as she saw Dino is in front of her as if Dino is waiting for her to approach him. With one swift motion, Dino grabs Soeun's arm harshly.

"Let me go!" Soeun struggled but suddenly froze right at her place.

She saw Dino is taking something on his pocket, a knife. To her surprise, he talked in a low voice.

"It's all your fault." He mumbles as he swings his arm, ready to stab Soeun.

Soeun closes her eyes and feel someone hugs her, followed by a low grunt. She slowly opens her eyes, revealing the person who protects her.

"O-oppa...?" She said after she saw Jeonghan is in front of her, hugging her tight.

The sound of the blood dripping on the floor echoed in the air. As she looks at Jeonghan who gives her a signal, she knows what to do.

She put a strong grip on her taser before shooting Dino on the chest, stunning him as he drops to the floor. Soeun quickly checks on her brother who is injured on the floor.

"Oppa? Jeonghan oppa!" She calls his name.

Jeonghan smiles and with a weak voice, he speaks. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you."

With that, he stops speaking and his eyes closed. He's unconscious.

After a while, the ambulance and the police finally came. They bring Mingyu's lifeless body and Jeonghan to the hospital.

Soeun runs to unconscious Dino that was leaning against the alleyway.

"Go on." Seungcheol said.

She took a deep breath before taking off Dino's mask. She gasps and trembled.

"C-chan...?! Lee Chan?!"