Chapter 79: He Si Yi

Start from the beginning

That tone seemed even more anxious than Nan Yi's.

"I haven't even asked He Yu Shen about it," Nan Yi explained.

It's not that Nan Yi hadn't thought of a name for the baby, but he was unsure whom He Yu Shen would allow to choose the name.

If Ling Ran and He Zhan were to pick, Nan Yi felt it would be appropriate, given they are the baby's grandfathers.

"Speaking of which, what's the name of your little alpha?" Nan Yi deftly changed the subject.

"Yu An. I hope he grows up safely, blessed with happiness and health," Yin Feng gently leaned down to plant a soft kiss on the little alpha's forehead.

"It's a lovely name," Nan Yi sincerely commented.

"Where's He Yu Shen? Why isn't he with you?" Yin Feng inquired further.

"He went home... to get some stuff."

Since they hadn't prepared in advance, the baby hadn't used a feeding bottle in these three to four days.

The pain became unbearable for Nan Yi, and seeing him suffer, He Yu Shen went to personally pick out feeding items for the baby.

"Alright, my future daughter-in-law is still the cutest."

Since Yin Feng and Bai Shan Yao were getting discharged, Nan Yi didn't stay in their ward for too long.

After about half an hour, he bid farewell to Yin Feng, cradling the little omega, and left the room.

Even after a few days, Nan Yi's hold on the little omega remained somewhat awkward.

In the corridor, Nan Yi encountered Yin Lu again.

Presumably, he was there to pick up Yin Feng.

"Nan Yi, long time no see," a somewhat forlorn look crossed Yin Lu's face as he spoke.

"Indeed, long time," Nan Yi responded, nodding politely.

Ever since that night, Yin Lu realized he stood no chance; an omega's affections or lack thereof are always glaringly evident.

His eyes lingered a tad too long on the omega's pale, somewhat frail face, finally settling on the little one in Nan Yi's arms.

"Does He Yu Shen... treat you well?"

Without any hesitation, Nan Yi blurted out, "He's very good to me."

A brief, silent moment ensued between the two. Oddly enough, there wasn't anyone else in the corridor.

Standing in the middle of the empty hallway, Nan Yi began to sense a slight awkwardness between them.

"I kind of regret the things I said to you that night," Yin Lu said with a bitter smile, continuing, "Otherwise, we might still be friends."

Unsure of what to respond, Nan Yi reverted to the classic rejection line, "You're a good person. You'll find someone more suited for you."

"I'll take your word for it. Can we still be friends in the future?"

Disguising his disappointment with a smile, Yin Lu's tone lightened.

Nan Yi said earnestly, "Of course."

"Haha, good."

"I have to pick up Feng Feng now. See you next time."

"Alright."

..................

When He Yu Shen entered, Nan Yi was seated on the bed, feeding the little omega.

As the door abruptly opened, he blushed and quickly adjusted his clothing.

In the split second the omega's clothing fell.

A glimpse of rosy skin flashed by.

He Yu Shen's Adam's apple bobbed, and his gaze deepened.

The little guy always sent him out of the room when feeding the baby, and this unintentional glimpse set his blood racing.

He Yu Shen didn't carry anything with him, and Nan Yi stared at him, his face flushed.

"He Yu Shen, where's the stuff?"

Suppressing the mischievous thoughts in his heart—after all, the omega had only recently undergone surgery—he needed to be considerate.

"I left everything at home. Let's move back home today."

He Yu Shen approached, ruffled Nan Yi's hair, and then peered down at the little omega in his arms.

"My little treasure, time to go home with daddy."

"He Yu Shen, what's our baby's name?" Nan Yi asked.

"Si Yi, as in the 'Si' from contemplation and 'Yi' from reminiscence."

"Si Yi, He Si Yi..." Nan Yi whispered the name under his breath.

"Little one, your name is Si Yi, He Si Yi. Do you like it?"

The little omega, barely able to keep his eyes open, couldn't possibly comprehend what was being said.

The alpha, with a playful grin, said with feigned arrogance, "Of course our little treasure likes it. Let's go."

He Yu Shen gently wrapped his arms around Nan Yi and led him out of the ward.

As they approached the hospital's main entrance, Nan Yi noticed Yin Feng in the distance, being ushered into a car by a group of people.

Nan Yi smiled faintly, glanced down at the little omega in his arms, and felt no envy.

As for family, having little treasure and He Yu Shen was more than enough.