Chapter 78: Omega's Little Gem

Comenzar desde el principio

"Alright."

......................

The morning after He Yu Shen returned, Nan Yi visited Yin Feng and his little alpha.

Not exactly a looker, even somewhat unattractive, Nan Yi stared in astonishment at the wailing little alpha in his arms.

The next day, he and He Yu Shen spent the entire day in the hospital room.

The alpha released pheromones for him all day.

Lately, Nan Yi has been very anxious and often uneasy. Only He Yu Shen's pheromones provided some comfort.

On the third day, Ling Ran came to the hospital to visit Nan Yi.

On the fourth day, at a corner in the hospital, Nan Yi saw Nan Zhi, whom he hadn't seen in two or three months, intensifying his unease as he constantly worried about what Nan Zhi might do.

Fortunately, after more than a week, he didn't see Nan Zhi again.

Finally, on the tenth day, it was Nan Yi's turn to enter the operating room.

The always composed alpha, holding himself carefully, strode quickly towards the operating room.

Though the alpha's eyes were bloodshot and his forehead was covered in sweat, he still whispered reassurances to himself.

"Honey, don't be scared, I'll be right outside."

..........................

When Nan Yi woke up, the first thing he saw was the white ceiling.

"Yi Yi, are you awake? Does it still hurt a lot?"

Nan Yi turned his head at the sound of the alpha's anxious voice.

He Yu Shen moved a chair and sat next to his bed, his usually cold face full of concern.

In the final moments of exhaustion, he heard the cheers of the doctors.

And the sound of crying.

"Our baby..." Nan Yi tried to speak but realized his voice was extremely hoarse.

"Ling Ran is waiting for the doctors to check all his indicators, you'll see him soon."

The alpha leaned over and whispered softly in Nan Yi's ear.

Another delicate kiss fell upon his cheek.

The scent of mint calming pheromones in the room was strong, making Nan Yi feel comfortable and at ease.

"It's a lovely little omega, our precious little omega."

Not only did He Yu Shen's eyes shimmer with mirth, but his tone also carried a hint of pride.

Nan Yi met his gaze with amusement, and playfully remarked, "Let's see if you're still happy when he grows up and finds his alpha."

"Anyone who dares to take our baby away will get a beating from me."

Nan Yi: ...................

Waking up still felt exhausting.

Nan Yi's body felt weak, yearning to be cradled in the alpha's embrace.

He softly called, "He Yu Shen, can you lie down with me?"

"Of course."

Not wanting to disturb Nan Yi, the massive alpha could only lie on his side at the edge of the bed.

The obedient and weary omega lay in his arms, his head nestling comfortably against his chest.

He Yu Shen gently tightened his embrace.

The omega's eyelids grew heavier, and He Yu Shen dared not move, fearing he'd disturb the little one drifting off to sleep.

He Yu Shen's breathing became notably softer.

"Zhang Bro, it's this room."

In the quiet room, the sound of the door opening was especially prominent.

He Yu Shen's heart tightened as the newly asleep Nan Yi was startled awake by the noise.

He Yu Shen looked towards the door to see Ling Ran holding a little omega, with He Zhang supporting Ling Ran; the hand that opened the door still resting upon it.

He Yu Shen: ...............

"Is it our little treasure? Let me see him."

Nan Yi's sleepy eyes suddenly lit up, lifting his head from He Yu Shen's embrace.

Ling Ran, holding the little omega, carefully approached the bed, passing the baby into the eager arms of Nan Yi.

It was also the first time He Yu Shen laid eyes on his own little omega, wrinkled and so tiny that his eyes were barely open.

The joy on his face froze, appearing almost incredulous.

Without thinking, he blurted out, "Why does he look so... unattractive?"

Nan Yi shot He Yu Shen a sharp glare. Although he too felt that the baby wasn't particularly good-looking, how could He Yu Shen call him ugly?

"I didn't mean... it like that. I still adore him," he explained, somewhat embarrassed under Nan Yi's questioning gaze.

Ling Ran, observing the two on the bed, chuckled, "All newborns look like this. He'll grow into his looks."

He Yu Shen breathed a sigh of relief and replied with a light laugh, "When he grows up, he'll surely be as adorable as you."