NOT SO DIFFERENT: CHAPTER 12: ...IT KINDA WORKED??

NOT SO DIFFERENT: CHAPTER 12: ...IT KINDA WORKED??:

Tails and Mecha Sonic immediately stepped inside, Tails' tablet swinging back and forth from the heavy steps that he was taking. Tails set his tablet onto a counter as Mecha Sonic walked in awkwardly, trying not to knock down one of the many things Tails had lying about with his massive size.

Tails whipped around to Mecha once he found a good spot to say idle in without disturbing the area.

"So, Mecha, what idea do you have in store?"

Mecha Sonic's optics turned to face him. "It may take a bit to explain, so I hope you are fine with that..." Mecha Sonic's voice piped out of Tails' tablet, static coming out with it.

"I'm all ears, tell us, Mecha, we need all the ideas we can get to fix this!"

ORCHARDVILLE:

The sun had just raised above the horizon, the light bouncing off each apple, casting a nice gleam across the field. However, the bird's chirps were cut off as screams were heard, alongside explosions and blasts getting cast out.

"HAHAHA! With that pesky rat out of the way, no one can come running along and ruin all my hard work!"

As Eggman laughs watching the citizens run for their lives across the field, Eggman sends Metal Sonic off to another location, far away from where the attack was taking place.

THE RESTORATION:

Tangle, Jewel, Lanolin and Whisper were sitting in a room not too far from Jewel's office, discussing plans for how they can start training, when a voice rang out from Lanolin's communicator.

"LANOLIN! Get your team over to Orchardville, fast! Eggman has just sent an attack down there, and with Tails trying to deal with Sonic, we don't have many others to go and sort it out. Be quick, they have no one to help them out over there!"

Just as fast as Jewel called in, she cut it off, not even giving time for Lanolin to respond.

"Well, you heard her, as quick as that was- We gotta go! C'mon, let's get goin' already!" Tangle jumped into the air, enthusiastic with another battle.

The Diamond cutters set off, not wasting a second, going past the temporary cell that the Scrapniks have been kindly guardian for the Restoration.

Starline watches as the Restorations best and main line of defense take off, not even looking back.

"Well, speak of the devil, my opportunity has presented itself to me!"

Starline holds his device up into the air, ready to initiate his plan.

TAILS' WORKSHOP:

"Alright, get on with it! I'm getting bored over here!"

Sonic added in, wanting the idea Mecha has.

"Alright. As you know, Starline used his computer as a way to control Sonic. However, you also know he used our mindlink too, and used the code you replaced to take over. That would mean he used me as a router of sorts, like how I had, well, used your device when trying to swap me and Sonic out."

Mecha Sonic paused, letting Sonic and Tails soak in all that information, before continuing.

..."So what if you do just that, but to reverse it?"

Tails and Sonic thought for a moment, before Tails considered a problem.

"Yeah, that is a good idea, but Sonic was in his body when that happened, and currently, neither Sonic nor your old programming is in his body, so I don't know what we can use to connect to Sonic's body again..."

Mecha Sonic, Sonic, and Tails all went silent, no one knowing how to respond to that.

Static filled Tails' tablet's speakers once again.

"But there must be something still there, after all you just removed Dr. Eggman's programming from Sonic's body, but not the program Starline used."

Tails' ears perked up.

"Of course! Let me try that right now!"

Tails made a beeline towards his main computer, sitting down in his office chair and getting to work. (For the 10th time that morning)

"Huh, that is a good idea, Mecha! How'd you come up with it?"

Sonic's voice called out, still not sounding quite like him due to the speakers not being the best of the best quality.

"I was going through some memory files since we need to find a way to get you back to normal before Eggman does something else..."