INVESTIGATION

NOT SO DIFFERENT: CHAPTER 5: INVESTIGATION:

Knuckles, Amy, and Blaze had all begun to head off towards the Master Emerald, after avoiding the trap and defense that was guarding the relics spot. As the shrine for it came into view, Knuckles began to speed walk over to it, wanting to find out what's wrong. As Knuckles went up the steps, he placed a hand on the Master Emerald, eyes closed. There was some silence, and just as Amy was going to ask if Knuckles found out, he opened his eyes, and faced the direction that Blaze and Amy were in. "I-I can't figure it out, all that I know is something is wrong, but it just can't be said, but it is a very big problem-" Knuckles was cut off from finishing his sentence, as Amy's communicator began to beep over and over. "Let me just check what it is really quick." She said, going a bit away, to not disturb Knuckles trying to figure out what's wrong. Once out of earshot, Amy answered the call from none other than Tails. "Hey Tails, what's up?" Amy asked, as soon the tone became quiet and cold, a heavy feeling in her gut, when she saw worry over Tails' face. "Amy, it's urgent, I need you to get Knuckles and Blaze down to meet me at my lab- It's about Sonic and Me- Someone else..." Just before Amy could even register what he was saying, Tails chimed in again. "Gotta go, please hurry, when you are done helping return the relic that you found." Tails shut the call off, and Amy was left, with the worry from Tails spreading to her.

She ran as fast as she could to Knuckles and Blaze. "KNUCKLES! BLAZE!" She said, finally within earshot. "What, what's wrong?!" Knuckles said, with Blaze making a face suggesting she was going to say the same thing. "Is it Eggman doi-" "No! It's something else, Tails would really say what, but it's got something to do with Sonic." As soon as she said that, Knuckles and Blaze began to worry, with Knuckles acting calm about it, trying to hide his worry, while Blaze was urgently trying to get there as soon as she could. They hopped into Amy's car, as she engaged the feature for it to fly, and was off, heading to Tails as quickly as she could.

TAILS' LAB:

"Ok, Amy, Knuckles, and Blaze are coming over. However, one of them is... Going to have mixed feelings about seeing all of you here, since one of you fought him over something precious to him. I need all of you to hide out in my garage while I tell them what's happened, to help us search for Sonic and Mecha. Once they are gone, we will go searching for clues ourselves, since we will need all the people we can to search." Tails told the Scrapniks, forming their new plan. "Ok, Tails, we will wait. Come on everyone, let's go wait." Sigma told the other Scrapniks, as Tails guided them into his garage.

Once they were all in, Tails closed the door, and in perfect timing, since Amy, Knuckles, and Blaze had just arrived, storming in through the door. "What is it Tails, what's going on?!" Amy said, looking the most worried she has ever been. "Well, Sonic has gone missing, and has not been seen in a few days, and someone else has too. These events took place at similar times, and we have no clue what's going on. The other person is a robot, a former Badnik. So, I want you to know, if you find the two, do not destroy the robot. Understood?" Tails said, explaining everything to them, while setting some rules. "Hmm, alright, I will. But this better be quick! I need to go back to guarding the Master Emerald. I am only down here since it's Sonic who is in trouble." Knuckles said sternly. "Of course I will help out, Sonic has done so many things for us, there is no question to repay that to him." Blaze said, ready to go and find him. "You know what I'm going to say." Amy said last, giving Tails the caring and promising look when he needs it. "Let's do this!" Amy said, as they left to go and look around for him.

Once far away, Tails got the Scrapniks back out again, as they began to think of any hints on where they could have gone. "Unfortunately, all I saw was the fight, the camera was locked into one place, and the aftermath was somewhere out of bounds from the camera.." Sigma said, with a strained voice, worrying for Mecha Sonic and Sonic." Well, we can go looking around, see if there is something out there, hiding in plain sight." Tails said. "If we just look around, and ask some people if they saw anything, we can piece them together, and find them! We can start by looking.. Perhaps outside of Windmill Village would be a good start? I'm pretty sure Sonic goes there quite a few times." Tails added on, thinking of logical starts to their investigation. "All Right, let's go and find them!" Sigma said, hoping for the best.