Looking for a Cavern...

Chester's POV

I was sitting around in the living room, watching some random reality tv show that I could find that was on. The one I found was actually about true crime. I have been betting into it recently. I tried to get Parker to join me in watching some of the movies or shows based on crime, but he would always brush me off to do work or something. I would get suspicious, but maybe he just didn't like the genre? I don't know.

I had our Husky's head in my lap. I was petting their head gently as my eyes were trained on the television. I heard the sound of footsteps behind me and I looked around. "Okay, I found a new person we could go to for a new video." Parker announced. Ah, so that's what that was. I looked at him properly and was surprised and intrigued to find him in a turtle neck sweater and his glasses... aka his most... atttactive outfit.

Anyways...

I sighed out, moving to mute the show, knowing I could catch up on what I missed later. "Alright, read the email then." I spoke as I pointed towards the laptop in his hand. He nodded and moved to sit next to me. "So, there is this girl named Jennifer and her brother seems to be acting different. She wants us to come and investigate."

I rolled my eyes, "oh, so another video where they want us to play therapist?" He rose an eyebrow and glared a bit, "no, dude, we don't play therapist for them, we just help them through their issues."

My face went blank as I stared at him, "that's literally what therapists do-." I started off before seeing him growing more irritated and chose to lay off. "Fine... whatever." I spoke with a sigh, "let's go get ready so we can film this dumb video." I got up and rushed out of the room.

~Time Skip~

I was sat in the passenger seat alongside of Parker. My camera was in my lap and I was staring out the window, today I felt... strange...? As if something was about to happen... I really don't know what I was feeling and so, I shook it off and filed that thought away for later.

We were just sitting in silence for now. It took a bit but, he arrived to the house. He looked over to me and I looked back. "You ready?" Parker asked, I took in a deep breath. "Not really, but I don't have any opportunity to say no." I responded. He rose an eyebrow at me before turning off the car, grabbing his own camera and leaving the car, I followed suit. I followed him up to the house and he knocked on the door.

A middle aged woman answered, just by the look on her face I could tell she was trouble. My gut churned. "Hello, are you Jennifer?" He asked. She nodded slowly, staying silent. "Uhm, can we come in?"

"Come on ahead, but be wary... my brother is being... on edge right now." The woman informed us. We look at each other, I was worried why Parker just looked... confused? She let us in and we made our way to the table to have a chat.

"Okay so, can you explain what your brother is doing?" Parker asked.

Jennifer nodded, "yes- well, he used to be such a shy kid... so kind... so gentle... but he went on a camping retreat with his friends and well... something happened..." she took in a deep breath, "he came back changed, he said he was coming back home... alone early because he had gotten sick, and that the other men would be coming back a few days later... it's been a month and they are still gone and... he has been acting different.