Chapter one :Someone I know

Mili burst through the revolving doors of the opulent hotel, her heart pounding in rhythm with her hurried footsteps. She was late—unforgivably late. Two years had passed since she last saw Ishan, and today, she was about to face the man he had become: a cold, arrogant, and wildly successful businessman. Her breath hitched as she spotted him at the reserved table, his sharp features accentuated by the crisp white shirt he wore—her favorite color, a detail that felt almost like a cruel jest.

"Ishan," she began, her voice a mix of apology and desperation.

He glanced up, his eyes like shards of ice. "You're late," " is it okay to you "he stated flatly, no hint of warmth in his tone.

Mili swallowed hard, forcing a smile. "I know, I’m sorry. Traffic was a nightmare."

He leaned back, his gaze unwavering and unforgiving. "You always have an excuse," he said, his voice dripping with disdain. "Wasting my time is not something I appreciate."

Her heart sank, but she steeled herself, determined to break through his frosty exterior. "I missed you, Ishan," she said softly, hoping to reach the friend she once knew.

He raised an eyebrow, a cynical smirk tugging at his lips. "Missed me? Funny, you didn’t miss me enough to be on time."  "You are not a kid any more act some like adult ".

Mili took a deep breath. "I know I’m late, and I’m truly sorry. But I came here because I care about you, despite everything."

For a moment, his stern facade wavered, a flicker of something softer passing through his eyes. But he quickly masked it, setting down his coffee cup with a controlled force. "Caring doesn’t excuse disrespect, Mili."

She leaned forward, her voice trembling with emotion. "Can’t we just be happy to see each other, even if just for a moment?"

Ishan's cold expression softened imperceptibly. "Happy?" he echoed, almost incredulously. "You think I’m happy to see you?"

"Yes," Mili whispered, her eyes locked onto his. "I think you’re as happy to see me as I am to see you."

The silence that followed was heavy with unspoken emotions. Ishan's stern demeanor cracked, revealing a glimmer of the boy she once knew. "You don’t know anything," he muttered, but the edge had left his voice.

Mili smiled gently. "Maybe not. But I know that I’m grateful to be here, with you, even if you won’t admit you feel the same."

Ishan's gaze softened, his walls beginning to crumble. "Mili, you... You’re insufferable," he said, though a reluctant warmth seeped into his tone.

She laughed softly. "And you’re still the same Ishan. Arrogant and impossible, but my friend nonetheless."

In that charged moment, surrounded by the grandeur of the hotel and the weight of their shared history, they took the first tentative steps toward rekindling a friendship that time had almost forgotten.

Mili's smile wavered as Ishan signaled the waiter and ordered her favorite dishes. The familiarity of his gesture shocked her—he remembered everything.

As the waiter left, Ishan's gaze settled on her with a strange intensity. "So, what have you been up to, Mili?" he asked, his tone attempting nonchalance.

Mili took a deep breath, trying to keep her frustration at bay. "I've been preparing for my medical entrance exams," she replied simply. "I'm living in a rented apartment with my best friend, Lily."

Ishan nodded, his eyes never leaving her face. "That's good. You've always been determined," he said, a hint of admiration creeping into his voice.

Mili forced a polite smile and started to eat, her movements deliberate and measured. Inside, she felt a swirl of frustration. She hated his cold, detached demeanor, the way he seemed to wield his success as a barrier between them.

As she ate, Ishan watched her, his expression softening. He couldn’t tear his eyes away, his emotions threatening to spill over. His eyes grew watery, but he quickly blinked back the tears, unwilling to let Mili see his vulnerability.

"So, how's life with Lily?" he asked, his voice strained.

"It's fine," Mili answered shortly, focusing on her food. She could feel his eyes on her, searching for something, but she refused to meet his gaze.

Ishan's heart ached with unspoken words and the weight of lost time. He wanted to tell her how much he had missed her, how seeing her again stirred emotions he had buried deep. But he remained silent, masking his feelings with the same cold exterior he had perfected over the years.

As Mili continued to eat, Ishan's mind raced. He realized that despite the years of distance and the facade he wore, his feelings for her hadn't changed. And now, sitting across from her, he was more certain than ever that he didn't want to lose her again.

After a while mili makes a excuse & comes out from these place. She was feeling too heavy with him.

Mili walked out of the luxurious hotel, the cool evening air a welcome contrast to the emotional whirlwind inside. She felt a confusing mixture of relief and frustration. Why had she agreed to meet him? Why had she been so nice to Ishan? As she walked, her mind replayed every moment, every word, every unspoken emotion. By the time she reached her apartment, her thoughts were a tangled mess of self-reproach and confusion.

As Mili opened the door, Lily looked up from the couch, her eyes lighting up with curiosity. "So, did you have a date? With whom? What does he do? Is he handsome? Do you love him?" Lily's questions tumbled out, rapid-fire and insistent.

Mili dropped her bag by the door and sank into a chair. "Lily, do you forget I have a boyfriend?"

Lily raised an eyebrow, unconvinced. "You mean Paul? Mili, you know you don't love him."

Mili sighed, rubbing her temples. "Lily, it's not that simple."

Lily moved closer, her expression softening. "Mili, I’ve seen the way you look when you talk about Ishan. Are you sure you don’t have feelings for him? Maybe it’s time to be honest with yourself."

Mili shook her head, resisting the thoughts swirling in her mind. "Ishan is... complicated. And Paul is safe. I know where I stand with Paul."

Lily placed a hand on Mili's shoulder. "Safe isn't always what you need. Sometimes, you need to follow your heart, even if it leads you into complicated places."

Mili looked up, her eyes conflicted. "But I can’t just break up with Paul. He’s been there for me, and he cares about me."

"But do you care about him the same way?" Lily asked gently. "Or are you just holding on because it’s easier than facing the truth about Ishan?"

Mili stared at her, struggling with her emotions. "I don't know, Lily. I just don’t know."

Lily gave her a reassuring smile. "Take your time. But remember, it's your happiness that matters most. Don’t settle for something just because it’s easy."

Mili nodded, her mind still a whirlwind, but grateful for Lily's understanding. She had a lot to think about, and a lot of feelings to sort through. But one thing was certain: she couldn’t keep running from the truth forever.