CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

I and Samuel hadn't been together for a while now, I hadn't seen him since after the day I received a letter from mother. How did she know?

"Stay away from Samuel, he is mine" she warn.

"I never dragged him with you. Besides he is old enough to be with whom he wants to be with" I said mockingly.

"And what do you mean by that?" She ask eyeing me.

"I mean why are you here warning me to stay away from him if truly he is yours?" I ask mockingly.

"You are nothing but a piece of ray and dragging my man with men makes you more of a s**t" she say rudely.

All hell was let loose. How dare she call me names?

"What did you just call me?" I snapped at her angrily, rage filling my blood streams.

"You even have audacity to talk back at me?" Delilah asked surprised.

"You started it" I said rudely as I about to walk away.

I won't stand here and watch this woman insult me. I am not that patient.

Delilah held my wrist angrily. It was the same spot where I was burnt by the coffee. Note, that place hadn't healed totally. She dug her fingers into the already healing injury causing it to reopen and start bleeding.

"Ahh" I cried out in pain as I tried to yank my hand away from her grip. Little did I know that was a big mistake. Her nails that was still digged in the injury drew a line.

"Delilah!" we both heard Samuel yell from a distance as he ran up to us. Before he could get to where we were, Delilah had removed her hand from mine. The open wound bled.

Samuel got to me and took my bleeding hands in his carefully.

"How dare you!" He snapped at her angrily. Delilah looked back at him angrily. I sighted Oliver walking up to us. When she saw the situation, she ran to us. She looked at my hands in Samuel's.

"How did this happen?" She directed the question to me. Pain was written all over my face.

"Delilah hurt her" Samuel replied instead.

"Delilah?" Oliver asked surprised as she turned to Delilah. After a second, she turned to Samuel "let me take her" she offered and he nodded.

Oliver helped me towards her room. On her way, she ordered a guard to call the healer. We got to her room and I sat on the bed. She used a piece of clothe to tie my bleeding arm.

"I can't believe Delilah would do this to you" she said pacing back and forth "I knew she is wicked but I didn't know that her wickedness would make her do this" Oliver vented.

I sighed " she warned me to stay away from Samuel" I say.

"Is that why she would do this to you? How did she know about your relationship with Samuel?" She ask.

I've been asking myself the same thing.

"I really don't know" I say.

"Has she seen you both together?" She ask.

"No. I really don't think so. I have not been with Samuel much. Just the day I received the letter, eversince then we haven't been together" I say.

"And she recently started staying here in the castle Are you sure it is just I, Samuel, you and his guard that knows about your relationship with him?" She ask.

I shook my head.

"Who else knows?" She asked.

"Maisie and Grace" I said. I purposely didn't tell her the part that prince Albert knows too. I wondered how she would react to it.

"Your friends?" She ask.

I nod "yes"

"Then someone definitely betrayed you. Someone told her" she say.

Who would betray me and why?

Could it be Maisie?

She had always had a crush on Samuel. Could she have lied about forgiving me and letting me have him?

Someone knocked at the door and Oliver ordered the person in. Samuel walked in with a frown on his face.

He had obviously given Delilah the warning of her life.

He walked up to me on the bed and looked at my hand. His facial expressions softened.

"Are you okay?" He asked lovingly.

Oliver just stared at us.

"I am fine" I say.

"I didn't mean for any of these to happen" he say.

"It is not your fault" I say.

Another knock came at the door and Oliver ordered the person in. The healer walked in with his bag.

"She is on the bed" Oliver directed and he walked to me. I sat up. Samuel didn't leave my bedside. He sat beside and rested his back against the bedrest with his left hand around my waist and his legs on the floor.

When I winched in pain, he would peck me on my cheeks, behind my ears and on my  forehead from time to time. He was really emotionally supportive. I found myself loving him more.

Who wouldn't?