Chapter 75: Childhood of Yun Luo

Start from the beginning

He Yu Shen wasn't one to merely think without acting. Almost the instant the thought crossed his mind, he pinched the omega's face and took a playful bite, even giving it a small suck.

"Ouch! What are you doing?!"

He Yu Shen's sudden gesture not only startled Nan Yi but also left a slight sting on her face.

She shot the alpha beside her a slightly displeased glance, her brow furrowed.

"Alright, alright, my mistake."

The alpha apologized swiftly, but that smug smile on his face didn't show a hint of remorse.

Though Nan Yi wanted to chide him further, they had already reached Yun Luo's front door, so she let it pass.

The door was ajar, revealing the scene inside the living room.

Apart from Yun Luo, there was another man.

The two were seated quite close. The man in a light blue shirt and black suit jacket, wearing rimless glasses, was holding the hand Yun Luo used to serve tea.

Perhaps they weren't expecting visitors; Yun Luo's expression of mild annoyance slowly turned to surprise.

The man opposite him cast an indifferent glance their way.

Maybe it was Nan Yi's imagination, but she felt a hint of cold hostility in the man's gaze as he looked at He Yu Shen and herself.

His presence was so intense that Nan Yi was certain he was an alpha.

Yun Luo stood up abruptly, the chair scraping the floor in a sharp noise.

"Yu Shen? What brings you here? You didn't mention you'd be coming." The teacup he was holding moments ago was now set on the table.

"Nan Yi and I have moved next door. We thought we'd check on you, see how you're settling in alone here. Didn't expect you to have company."

"We won't intrude then. We can visit another day."

"It's no bother, come in and sit."

There was no mistaking it; as He Yu Shen and Yun Luo conversed, the man's face grew darker, and there was an added chill in his eyes.

"So this is the renowned He Yu Shen. Truly an outstanding figure."

The man gave Nan Yi a brief glance, continuing with a smile, "Even the omega... looks so delectable."

With a hint of amusement, his gaze unabashedly swept over Nan Yi.

He Yu Shen's brows furrowed slightly in displeasure.

"Lin Qiu Wu!" Yun Luo chided softly, "Can't you be serious for once?"

The seated man simply picked up his teacup and took a sip, choosing not to respond.

"Mr. Nan, don't mind his words. He always speaks thoughtlessly, but he means no harm."

"It's fine." Nan Yi cast a quick glance at the alpha inside, whose eyebrows raised slightly in response.

"Please come in and have a seat."

Yun Luo's gaze briefly swept over the hands He Yushen and Nan Yi held together, finally settling on Nan Yi's waist.

With his hand held by He Yushen, Nan Yi sat down on the sofa. The man known as Lin Qiuyu's gaze landed on their intertwined hands as well.

The man subtly lifted his eyes, locking onto Nan Yi's gaze.

Lin Qiuyu stared into Nan Yi's eyes, momentarily taken aback.

Yun Luo poured a cup of tea for He Yushen, while in front of Nan Yi, there was a cup of juice.

"Considering Mr. Nan's youth and the fact that he might not be used to tea, especially today's strong blend, I've poured some juice for you."

With a tender voice and thoughtful gesture, Nan Yi gently picked up the glass and took a small sip.

He whispered, "Thank you."

Lin Qiuyu's gaze swept over the juice in Nan Yi's hand, then turned his head to look at Yun Luo sitting next to him.

"Lin Qiuyu, my... childhood friend."

The man's eyes darkened slightly, his head tilted down, and he took a light sip from his teacup.

"Hello, He Yushen." Before Yun Luo could introduce, He Yushen courteously took the initiative to greet.

"Hello."

The man slightly lifted his gaze, and the two alphas exchanged a polite handshake.

"Nan Yi, my wife," He Yushen added.

Without much surprise, the man just nodded slightly in acknowledgment.

"Yushen, what made you and Mr. Nan decide to move here so suddenly?" Yun Luo inquired.

"It's convenient here, and the environment is pleasant," He Yushen replied.

"I see... Has Uncle Ling been informed of Mr. Nan's situation yet?"

"Not yet."