Chapter 72: He Yu Shen Meets Nan Zhi

Start from the beginning

"Where's the person who hit me?"

"Hello, Mr. Nan. Mr. He has already left, but rest assured, you won't be left unattended."

Nanzhi's face darkened considerably, but he couldn't really say more.

Assisted into the VIP ward by the beta driver waiting outside, he shrugged off the driver's hand.

"I need to sleep."

The driver placed his yellow sling bag onto the bed, closed the door, and left the ward.

As the footsteps faded into the distance, the man, who just before had needed assistance walking, hopped over to the bed and sat down.

He pulled out his phone from the bag, staring at the number saved under 'Mr. Lin' for a long while. Taking a deep breath, a smile formed on his lips as he dialed.

The phone rang for quite a while, until the very last ring, but no one answered.

The smile on his lips gradually stiffened.

....................

He Yushen arrived at the villa very late; Nanyi was already asleep.

He tiptoed to the bedside; there were no Omega pheromones, only a faint scent of shower gel.

He felt a bit restless, but he didn't want to disturb the peacefully sleeping boy.

As soon as he lay down, He Yushen got up again and went to the bathroom, injecting another dose of the suppressant into himself.

After two consecutive nights of heavy rain, the morning finally cleared up.

The gentle sunlight filtered through Nanyi's not fully closed curtains, causing Nanyi to squint as he opened his eyes.

An additional arm lay under his head; the person he thought wouldn't return last night was sleeping beside him on the same pillow.

A warm ray of light illuminated the alpha's profile, highlighting the soft fuzz on his skin.

Nanyi raised his hand to shield that beam of sunlight, his gaze fixed intently on the side profile that seemed as perfect as a drawing from a comic book.

The breathtakingly beautiful alpha appeared almost unreal.

Nanyi leaned slightly forward, planting a gentle kiss on the alpha's cheek.

"So, you dare to steal a kiss but not do it openly?"

Nanyi exclaimed, "You've been awake this whole time!"

The person who, just a moment ago, seemed to be in a deep sleep with even breathing suddenly opened his eyes.

Embarrassed, Nanyi moved back a bit, awkwardly retracting the hand that had been shielding the alpha from the bright light.

He Yushen's lips curled up in amusement, nonchalantly replying, "Just woke up."

"Oh, time to get up then."

With a faint blush still present on his face, Nanyi turned and walked to the edge of the bed.

He Yushen, gazing at Nanyi's retreating figure, softly called out, "Nanyi."

"Hmm?"

"I met Nanzhi last night."

The motion of searching for his shoes came to a sudden halt. Seeming frozen in place, Nanyi didn't turn around, but the tension in his back beneath the loose pajamas was evident.

With a slight quiver in his voice, he inquired, "You... encountered him?"

"Yes, I accidentally hit him with my car last night."

"What?!"

Initially facing away and with his head lowered, Nanyi abruptly spun around, staring incredulously at He Yushen.

"You! You said you hit him, so he's...?"

"Don't worry, he only has a minor injury on his foot. I know you'd be concerned. I'll take you to visit him at the hospital later."

He Yushen took Nanyi's delicate hand, bringing it to his lips for a gentle bite.

Recalling the events of the previous night and barely able to contain himself, he tenderly kissed the palm of Nanyi's hand.

Nanyi giggled and tried to pull his hand back, tickled by He Yushen's actions.

"You need to get up."

With a blush tinting his cheeks, Nanyi descended the stairs first.

On the way to the hospital, he constantly found himself staring absentmindedly at He Yushen's profile.

 It had been such a long time; he'd already pushed to the back of his mind Nanzhi's provocative remarks during his unexpected visit.

But now, due to this accident, He Yushen had encountered Nanzhi again.

Nanyi wondered if any remnants of He Yushen's former affection for Nanzhi still lingered.

What might change with Nanzhi's reappearance?

From a young age, Nanzhi had always managed to get whatever he wanted, but as for He Yushen...

He Yushen belonged to Nanyi, and Nanyi wasn't willing to let anyone else have him.

"Why are you staring at me like that? Are you blaming me for hitting your brother? I didn't do it on purpose; he ran a red light."

A hint of embarrassment crossed He Yushen's face, but his tone remained calm and even.

Nanyi softly uttered, "He Yushen."

"Hmm?"

The alpha's voice remained as gentle as always, unchanged from before.

"Do you still have feelings for Nanzhi?"

"Mr. He, Mrs. He, we've arrived."

The driver for the day was Xiao Wang, and his voice chimed in along with Nanyi's.

"Hmm? What did you say you liked just now?"

He Yushen happened to be looking towards the hospital entrance. He didn't quite catch what Nanyi had said, only barely hearing something about 'liking'.

"It's nothing. Let's go in."