Chapter 68: Yun Luo moves out

Start from the beginning

The door adjacent to the bedroom was closed. He reached out, gently pushing it, grateful it wasn't locked.

The sound of the opening door prompted the person sitting in front of the computer to turn their head.

The omega's face was a picture of hurt, his eyes fixed intently on He Yu Shen.

A smile was about to form on He Yu Shen's lips, but it faded when he noticed the brightness of the computer screen.

His expression darkening, He Yu Shen stepped into the room.

"It's late, why are you still on the computer?"

 Nan Yi remained silent, a mix of irritation and embarrassment coloring his features.

He regretted his impulsive decision to storm upstairs after a heated moment, feeling he had overreacted to a minor issue.

After all, He Yu Shen was just showing concern.

But he couldn't control himself; his emotions had been quite unstable recently.

Nan Yi mumbled softly, "I wasn't playing."

Faced with the omega's stubborn retort, He Yu Shen could only sigh in exasperation.

He coaxed gently, "Then, let's shut down the computer for now."

"Okay."

Nan Yi had already come to the conclusion himself; he shouldn't be spending too much time on electronic devices at this time.

He reached out and powered off the untouched, blank-screened computer.

"Why did you suddenly get upset and skip dinner?"

He Yu Shen pulled up a chair and sat next to Nan Yi, picking up a morsel of food from his bowl and offering it to him.

Nan Yi ate it; he couldn't resist, he was hungry.

"Yun Luo is moving out tomorrow. Let's see him off together, okay?"

"Why is he moving?"

Nan Yi was puzzled. Yun Luo had been living in the villa for two or three months; why would he suddenly move out?

"Perhaps it's not convenient for him to stay with us any longer," He Yu Shen surmised.

"Oh."

Nan Yi's unexpected irritation was easily soothed by He Yu Shen's gesture of bringing up dinner.

After eating, he began to feel drowsy early. By the time He Yu Shen descended the stairs, Nan Yi had already washed up and fallen asleep in bed.

Upon ascending, He Yu Shen first tucked the foot that Nan Yi had thrown out due to discomfort under the blanket. He then adjusted the air conditioning to a cooler setting to prevent the young one from kicking off the blanket in his sleep.

The following day was conveniently a weekend.

Both He Yu Shen and Yun Luo didn't have to work. With the weather becoming sultrier, Nan Yi opted for a T-shirt paired with shorts.

His slender, fair legs were exposed, prompting a stern-faced He Yu Shen to insist he change.

Nan Yi, lately averse to heat, was reluctant. However, he was ultimately pinned to the bed by alpha, who treated him childishly, forcibly switching his shorts to a pair of loose, gray athletic pants.

"He Yu Shen!"

"Be good. The sun's rays are strong outside; I don't want your skin to get sunburnt."

He Yu Shen hugged him and placed a baseball cap on his head.

Nan Yi: ..............

By the time the duo was ready to leave, the housekeeper had already loaded Yun Luo's belongings into the car.

It was a two-hour journey, and Nan Yi hadn't realized Yun Luo lived so far away.

The trio left at noon. With summer approaching and in the confined space of the car, Nan Yi fell asleep against He Yu Shen for half an hour. Waking up, he realized they were still on the road.

"Aren't we there yet?"

The groggy voice of the newly awakened omega had an alluring stickiness to it, which stirred something in He Yu Shen, prompting him to lean down and plant a gentle peck on those rosy lips.

Yun Luo, seated in the passenger seat, calmly commented, "We're almost there."

True to his word, about ten minutes later, the car halted outside a luxurious residential community.

After alighting, He Yu Shen turned to assist Nan Yi out.

As Nan Yi's hand settled on He Yu Shen's, an unintentional glance made his face drain of color, and he subconsciously tightened his grip on He Yu Shen's hand.

"What's wrong?" He Yu Shen inquired, puzzled.

Nan Yi stayed silent, not wanting He Yu Shen to look around. The silhouette he'd glimpsed within the community was all too familiar.

A profile identical to his own, which Nan Yi couldn't possibly misidentify.

It was Nan Zhi.

Why is he here? Did he intentionally come to bump into He Yushen?

"Nan Yi?"

Seeing that he was lost in thought and not getting out of the car, He Yushen gently placed a hand on his waist.

"Do you feel unwell?"

"No... not at all."

A figure disappeared into the garden pathway within the community, vanishing without a trace, as if it had been a mere illusion.

"Let's get out." He Yushen helped him out of the car.