Chapter 28 - Exposed!!

Start from the beginning

"What? Me? Never. I never supported him. You'll get zero clues against me", Naina scoffed. She pretended to act all cool and calm but deep down she was dying to meet Kabir. She wants to know where is he? All she wanted was to fly away and land directly in front of Kabir.

"But you did drug Aashi's drink", Veronica said showing the video proof of her plan. Naina's eyes widened. She got scared for real but she still maintained her calm.

"You can't prove anything", she replied. She was in no mood to accept the reality.

"Time will tell", saying so, the duo left her alone. Naina's eyes teared up. She felt like losing a winning battle. Aashi walked inside the police station. Her eyes held complaints and anger. Naina mirrored her expressions.

"Did you file a complaint against me? What right do you have? Your fuc**ing b**ch", Naina yelled. Aashi glared at her for five seconds and then slapped her.

"Shut the f**k up. What right did you have to ruin my entire life? With what right did you separate me from my family? And how dare you spike my drink?", Aashi shouted back. Naina was tongue-tied.

"I'll make sure you rot in prison. If not, I'll not leave you until and unless you lose everything you love. That's a promise ", Aashi said showing her index finger to Naina.

"How dare you slap me? You filth. I will kill you", Naina lunged at Aashi. She grabbed Aashi's neck and squeezed it. Aashi started begging for help. Two female police officers intervened and separated the duo.

"Behave or I'll put both of you behind bars", one of the two officers threatened them.

Aashi walked away and joined Varun and Veronica who were busy giving statements to the police. Naina sat down back on the bench. After ten minutes, her lawyer arrived and he got her bail immediately. With a sigh of relief, she left the station where the trio was still present. Naina was desperate to meet Kabir. At this moment, she wanted to talk to no one. She just wants Kabir, that's it.

Naina reached the hotel after discussing everything with her lawyer. He advised her to leave for her home as soon as possible. The very first thing Naina did was call Kabir from her mobile phone. Kabir didn't respond. Naina walked to her friend's room and to her surprise no one was in the hotel. One by one she called everyone in the group but not a single person picked up her call.

With a hot head, she reached the reception where she was informed that everyone checked out of the hotel when she was in the police station. She immediately packed her stuff and checked out.

Whatever is happening with her right now is just so wrong. She just fought for her love. What's even wrong with that?

*********************

Kabir's P.O.V.

Sitting on my bed, I glanced at my mobile screen buzzing off non stop. Naina has called me some twenty times and I've not picked up her call even once. I glanced at the engagement ring. The diamond studded in it was mocking me. I took it out and placed it next to me. The imprints of the ring were still on my hand.

Just like this ring, any human being, of any relationship, if stayed by you for a long period of time, leave imprints on your heart and mind. Whatever Naina did was wrong. But the way she treated me all this while felt so real. I cannot hate her. I can't bring myself to hate her. She's been a great supporter of me. She hid the truth from me which was wrong. I can't hate her but I can't accept her back in my life as well.

My mobile rang again. It was from Naina. I let it ring and left the room. I walked to my balcony and sat down. Looking up at the empty sky filled with clouds gave me peace. What a mess my life has been? It would have been easier if I had not fallen in love with Aashi? Things might have been different if Aashi never have loved me. I left a deep sigh and the clouds displaced in their position showing off the beautiful moon up in the sky.