𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

GOLD RUSHCHAPTER SEVEN, MAEVE'S BIRTHDAY

GOLD RUSH
CHAPTER SEVEN, MAEVE'S BIRTHDAY.

Was Blair hungover? Yes.

Did that mean she would let Maeve down and not show up for her birthday party that was filled with nine year olds? No because she swore on her life that she would be there.

So there she was, sitting on the Lockwood's couch taking paracetamol while Nate used the blender for some concoction that Alice said was good for hangovers but the teen was just convinced it was a way to make her feel even worse about being hungover on Maeve's birthday even though the woman forgot her daughters birthday was today and Nate had to remind her the night before and he got up earlier to get everything set up with Venus' help since the woman had forgotten again.

"Here," Nate sat beside her passing her the glass of a green substance.

"That looks radioactive," she grimaced sniffing it. "It also smells revolting, what is it?"

"I have no idea," he confessed, holding his laughter as she downed the whole thing.

"I'm going to be sick again," Blair rushed off to the bathroom.

Maeve knocked on the door softly, "Blair?"

"Come in," the teen whispered but the girl managed to hear it. "I'm sorry, Mae." The girl gently moved the teen's hair out of the way.

"It's okay."

"No, it's not," she sighed. "I'm hungover at your party when I promised you I wouldn't be."

"But you're here," Maeve smiled softly at her.

"I think your mom was trying to poison me with that green thing that she told Nate to make me," she laughed before groaning at the pounding of her head.

"Yeah, she gives dad it all the time, she told me it's just a bunch of green shit that has no effect on you whatsoever she just likes watching him suffer," Maeve told her watching Blair's face drop.

"So I downed it for no reason?"

"Yeah pretty much," Alice told her from the doorway.

"I'm sorry okay! I wasn't even drinking that much until it all got too much!"

"If you really want I will give you stuff that will help your hangover," the woman chuckled watching the way Maeve held the teen's hair back with a grimace as she threw up once more.

"I think I'll be fine now," she nodded slowly.

"There's toast on the table for when you feel like you can stomach it." The girls watched the blonde woman disappear before Maeve turned to look at Blair.

"She doesn't seem that angry with you."

"Your mom scares me more than my own sometimes."

"Me too," the girl admitted quietly, helping the teen to her feet and handing her the toothbrush that was hers.