✩* ⋆ 14 ⋆ *✩

Start from the beginning

Japan is a weird one. Not that I care or anything, but her personality and habits scare me. One night when I was walking down the street, leaves fell from above me. When I looked up, there she was in all her glory. Her eyes glowed a yellow beam. And it appears that her pupils are those of a cat. She was on all fours and I swear I saw a cat tail. When I blinked again, she was gone. Another time, during school, she started hissing at all the countries that tried touching her project. She even scratched someone with those long nails of hers. I wonder how Poland, Germany, and Ukraine tolerate her. Even Canada, the nicest country on the planet can't deal with her sh*t. That Maple syrup complains about Japan almost everyday. I'm glad I'm not close with her.

I see Japan peck the country next to her. Someone like her can find love? I scoff, not believing it. There's no way! The country next to her wraps his arm around her torso and pulls her close. I bump into Father by accident. That's when I realize how my hands have turned into fists. Before I could react, Father caught onto my mood. "Are you alright darling?"

I mutter a yes, not wanting their attention. There's no way I'm jealous of Japan! She's inferior to me. That's what I believe at least. I sigh, not really understanding my own emotions. I'll ask Canada about it later. He must know.

"Mr. England, I need to talk to 美国 and 加拿大 privately. Would you excuse us? It won't take long." China smiles slightly. Father grins, loving the formality. If only I could make him smile like that. No matter what I achieve, he gives me that same old dead expression. I have no place in his world.

"Only on one condition," Father says, "never step foot on my property again."

China's face drops to a frown for a second only for it to become a smile. "Of course." Father looks a little surprised. Canada and I make eye contact. He snickers and I glare at him. My life is now way more restricted than his. "We will be back." China takes me by the hand. Canada follows us into the park.

When we get far away from Father I sigh in relief. His presence is so threatening sometimes. I could never express my feelings around him. "China, that was dumb of you. I can tell that he wants to have tea with you." I mumble. China shrugs. It obviously doesn't matter to him.

China makes us sit down on the grass in front of him. He sighs, "I have some—news to tell you." I stare at him in question. Canada and China aren't friends. They do talk. Other than that, they're complete strangers.

I feel Canada flinch next to me. I look at him with concern. He's scared. "It doesn't have to do with Ukraine, does it?" His breathing becomes unsteady.

China sadly nods his head, "I only learned about this today. Apparently there's only four countries who know about this, myself included." A secret? Oh boy I do want to know!

"We've been on a walk for so long. Spill." I grin, leaning on my arms. I can feel Canada's weary look on me. I don't care. How will a secret affect my life?

China looks at Canada for his opinion. My Canadian brother shakes his head. I groan in frustration. "Amy, I don't think I can take it." He whispers into my ear. I roll my eyes. Canada is such a scaredy-cat.

"So?" China asks, waiting for a reply. Canada nervously bites his lips. He looks at me again, not knowing what to say. Just say yes!

Canada takes in a deep breath and exhales. "Yes, I'm ready."

China sits down and leans closer to us, "what I'm about to tell you can't be told to anyone, especially 俄罗斯." I nod my head. Considering that he's keeping this interaction a secret from Russia says a lot. I'm even starting to feel uneasy.

"Ukraine—she's not a virgin."

"What?!" Canada screams. He tries backing away from us, like realizing he's at the end of a cliff. "It can't be. You're a liar!" Canada accuses China.

China doesn't make eye contact with either of us. He just sits there. "Why would I lie about this?" Canada holds his chest, gasping for air. I rushed to his side.

"Maple, it's okay." I try reassuring him. He looks at me with confusion, anger, and hatred. I bite my lip nervously. He never acted like this before! Usually this happens when he breaks up with someone, but not as severe.

China frowns, seeing how Canada reacts. He just had to add "she did it willingly." Canada passes out on the ground.

"Maple! F*cking Maple syrup wake the f*ck up!" I shout at my unconscious brother on the ground. My heart is racing. Cold sweat runs down my face as I try shaking him up. "It's all your fault! You shouldn't have said that. It's too much for him to take." I glare angrily at China, who has the audacity to chuckle. I dial Father's phone number and tell him the situation. I hear him rushing over from behind.

"Bloody hell, what did you do to my son?!" Father yells. He picks up my limp brother and carries him away. I try leaving to go after them, only for China to pull me into his embrace. I struggle in his strong grasp.

"Let me go! I have a brother to worry about." At this point I'm willing to bite him.

China pouts, "美国, I saw how you looked at Japan. Are you going to miss this opportunity?"

"Opportunity for what?" I snap, "my brother might die because of you. I need to make sure he's okay." I try pushing him, only for me to now face him. That grin on his face makes me angrier.

China uses his hand and caresses my cheek. I flinch at the touch. He gives me a pity look which I hate. "He's going to be alright. It's only a minor shock." I grumble in annoyance. I wanted to forget about Japan. And somehow he read through me! I look to the side, still angry at him for making my brother faint. "Don't be mad, now. I want to spend some time with you." China smiles warmly.

It's only then I realize how much I want to stay. I'll think about Ukraine later. She isn't important. And Canada, Father's going to take care of him. It wouldn't hurt if I stayed for a bit. I grumble and stuff my face into his chest. I let my body relax from all the stress. I hear him chuckle which makes my cheeks warm. Why am I being so—submissive? I never acted like this since—I forgot when. "I f*cking hate you." I mumble.

"I love you too."

‧͙⁺˚・༓☾  I had a lot of tests so sorry for the late update😭 ☽༓・˚⁺‧͙