"Sarah, if you will let me, we can experience so much more together and create more memories. Marami pa, maraming marami pa," he answered with a smile but his face was still wet from tears.

She closed her eyes and snuggled her face between his arm and his body. Matteo wrapped his arms around her tightly and both turned quiet again. He swallowed lump after lump in his throat as he watched the comforter get soaked with her tears.

"Natatakot ako, Matt," Sarah said so quietly that he barely heard it. "Takot na takot ako."

Matteo felt like someone just stabbed him in his chest as Sarah repeated the words to him. It was so painful to hear it from her because he knew exactly what she was afraid of. Something that he, himself, was also afraid of.

He closed his eyes, wrapped his arms around her tighter and gave her a soft kiss on her temple as his tears fell. With every bit of energy he had left to keep his voice steady, he spoke to her softly. "I'm here, Sarah. You won't have to go through anything by yourself. I'm here and I promise to bring you back here, away from everything."

Matteo's words felt so comforting, yet painful to hear. Sarah knew how sincere he was. She knew how much he wanted to stay true to his words. She knew he would fulfill his promise. She also knew something he didn't know because she hasn't told him. Not yet, anyway. She decided to wait until the very last minute of their trip.

Out of the blue, Sarah heard his singing voice for the first time. With only the subtle sound of swaying palm leaves, the sound of waves crashing into the lagoon, and the sound of each other's breathing, the sound of Matteo's soothing voice complimented the relaxing vibe of dawn.

Lift your head, baby don't be scared
Of the things that could go wrong along the way.
You'll get by with a smile
You can't win at everything but you can try.

Sarah closed her eyes and quietly cried as she listened to every word he sang to her. Matteo continued to sing through the song and right at the chorus, he held her jaw, rubbing it with his thumb, and made her look at him. With his eyes meeting hers, he sang the chorus in the most sincere and genuine way possible.

Girl I'll stay, through the bad times
Even if I have to fetch you everyday
We'll get by, with a smile
You can never be too happy in this life.

Sarah cried quietly until the song was finished, until Matteo kissed her forehead so tenderly, and until the sun was up. She cried quietly, but each tear came with a loud plea to the Lord. Each tear represented gratitude, hopes, dreams and prayers.

They stayed out on the balcony until sunrise with Sarah comfortably snuggled against Matteo's body.

Their last breakfast in Hawaii was spent on the balcony with a feast and they ended their vacation with a stroll on the beach just before packing.

Throughout their six-hour flight back to Vancouver, Matteo's fingers were laced with Sarah's. The armrest between them was tucked away so she could lean her head on his shoulder to rest. She slept throughout the whole flight while he was wide awake, thoughts running through his mind.

Another night spent with each other in Vancouver was just as memorable as they stargazed on the roof deck of the hotel before going to sleep.

"Matt?" Sarah called his name before closing her hotel room door. She paused and bit her lip, a mannerism Matteo found out to be a sign of her contemplating on something. "Pwede bang dun na lang tayo pareho sa suite mo tonight?"

Matteo gave her a sweet smile and held his hand out to her. "Of course, Sarah." He helped her bring all her belongings to his suite where they spent the night before starting on another long drive. This time, a long drive home.