Chapter 57: Rescued

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Yin... I truly didn't lay a hand on him."

Yin Lu ignored Jiang Fan beside him. He glanced at the deeply sleeping Yin Feng and then at the still trembling Nan Yi on the sofa.

The marks on the omega's face were evident, and the tightly gripped clothes revealed skin at the neckline. Yin Lu spoke softly, "Nan Yi."

The man on the sofa flinched, seemingly retreating in fear.

"Are you... alright?"

"Mr. Yin, I really didn't touch him, it's just his clothing..."

"Get. Him out. So disgusting."

Nan Yi interrupted Jiang Fan, even the sound of his voice made him nauseous.

"Didn't you hear him? Get out now."

Jiang Fan practically tumbled out of the room.

"Boss!" His follower hurriedly approached from outside.

"Call my father, ask him to plead on my behalf." Jiang Fan's limbs felt weak, and he was supported by his underlings as he left.

The room was left with only Yin Lu, the heavily intoxicated Yin Feng, and the disheveled Nan Yi.

Yin Lu gently picked up Nan Yi's coat from beside him and draped it over him.

"He's gone now."

"Mm." Nan Yi tightened his coat around himself, the hum from his nostrils carrying a slight tremble.

Yin Lu was no stranger to the Omega community, and he had a knack for charming any omega.

But facing a distraught Nan Yi, he was at a loss for words that might comfort him.

"Nan Yi, let me take you home."

The man on the sofa looked up, his eyes reddened and glistening with unshed tears. His vulnerable appearance tugged at one's heartstrings.

"No need. Someone is coming for me. Besides, you should take Feng Feng home."

Yin Lu glanced at the person on the sofa, sprawled out like a log. "Then let me wait until you get in the car before I leave."

Nan Yi didn't refuse this time. He nodded and whispered, "Alright."

Holding Yin Feng, and with Nan Yi clutching his clothes, the three of them waited outside the bar.

Daylight was fleeting these days; it was afternoon when they had first entered, but now night had fallen.

Nan Yi looked at his phone, which no longer lit up, wondering if He Yushen had finished work.

The first car to arrive wasn't the familiar black one driven by Xiao Wang but a white Range Rover.

"Feng Feng."

Bai Shanyao, looking frantic, got out of the car wearing only a thin set of grey pajamas.

Nan Yi, feeling cold even in his down jacket, looked at him in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?" Yin Lu's usually charming eyes now had a cold glint.

Seeing the swollen face of Nan Yi, Bai Shanyao hesitated before asking, "Nan Yi, what happened to your face?"

"Brother Bai."

Nan Yi called out, but didn't elaborate on the state of his face.

Fortunately, Bai Shanyao's attention was mainly on Yin Feng and he didn't press further.

Bai Shanyao's gaze lingered on Yin Feng in Yin Lu's arms, his expression pained. "Yin Lu."

"Bai Shanyao, I trust you as a friend and I've turned a blind eye to Feng Feng's feelings for you. But what happened today? Do you have any idea how dangerous it is for two omegas? If I had been a minute later..."

Yin Lu took a deep breath and refrained from continuing.

"Yin Lu, let me take him home first, and I will explain things to Feng Feng."

Ultimately, Yin Lu allowed Bai Shanyao to take Yin Feng away.

After the white car departed, only Nan Yi and Yin Lu remained at the intersection.

Nan Yi kept his head lowered, concealing his emotions, reminiscent of an ostrich retracting its neck.

Nan Yi didn't ask Yin Lu to leave first; having someone beside him was somewhat comforting.

Yin Lu looked intently at the omega's head, tempted to comfort him by touching that seemingly soft hair, but he simply murmured, "Nan Yi, I'll make sure he gets what's coming to him."

At the sound of that gentle yet steady voice, Nan Yi slowly lifted his gaze to meet Yin Lu's earnest eyes.

"There's no need. He didn't really harm me." Although the man seemed afraid of Yin Lu, Nan Yi didn't want anyone to get involved in unnecessary trouble on his account.

Besides, there was no relationship between them; he was merely a friend's elder brother.

His aloof eyes and calm tone seemed to keep people at arm's length.

One wonders how such eyes would soften when looking at someone he cherished.

"Nan Yi, a man like He Yushen would never marry an inferior Omega."

Those previously detached eyes now bore a hint of desolation, and Nan Yi lowered his head.