thirteen

~ rylee pov

I woke up to Harry cuddling me in my bed. And if it was any other day, I would be absolutely gushing about it. Especially as this was the first time we had ever slept together. This, I could get used to though, his warmth and touch weeds electrifying.

But as I laid there and watched him sleep peacefully, I was reminded of the night we had. We spent two hours at the vet last night waiting for answers after the accident, just to be told to go home.

They weren't able to tell us anything concrete last night but we did know that Bean had suffered a spinal cord injury. However, we didn't know to what extent yet as they were still doing testing. They told us they'd call us as soon as they had more answers.

As I turned to look at the time, it read 7:58. I was so used to waking up early that even when going to bed at 4:30, I couldn't sleep in.

I sighed, getting up and showering to start off my day. I made myself coffee as I would definitely need multiple cups today.

It was 9am when Harry rolled out of bed, meeting me in the kitchen.

"Hey.." he said quietly as he looked at me.

I gave him a soft smile, greeting him. Even with the time spent at the vet yesterday, we hadn't had a conversation about what had happened yesterday. Harry had obviously had too much to drink, and I didn't want to have a serious conversation when he was in that state.

He walked over to me, his eyes still bloodshot. I wasn't sure if that was because of the drinking or the lack of sleep. Probably a mix of both.

He hugged me, both of us just standing in silence before he began to apologize.

"I'm sorry, i'm sorry about everything.. if I could erase what happened yesterday, I would, the entire day. I'm trying, I am. But it's just so frustrating.. I'm trying so hard to bet better for you, but no matter what I do, I suck and I feel like I'm going to be the reason your dream is going to come to an early end.." He said, instantly making me feel bad for pushing him so hard yesterday in rehearsals. Harry wasn't a dancer, he had never danced in his life before but he was trying. He was trying so hard and that's all I could ask of him.

"You're doing amazing.." I whispered as I remained in his arms, our eyes locking. "You have made every one of my dreams come true already this season, no matter what happens and when we get eliminated, i'll still be the luckiest and happiest girl in the world. I feel like I have already won." I said, meaning it. Meeting Harry was a blessing on its own, I never thought I'd have a connection like this with anyone.

Harry hugged me tight, kissing my temple as he apologized once again for yesterday. "I don't deserve you, you are so patient and talented.. but I will continue to work hard for you." he said sweetly.

I could tell that the competition was starting to get to him. We were getting to the point where everyone was just so exhausted. And the whole Bean situation wasn't helping. So I wanted to do something special for him, to distract him a little.

"Why don't we.. go somewhere this weekend, even if it's just for tonight. I think it'd be fun!" I said, Harry's eyes lighting up.

"We can call the vet and make sure everything is okay with Bean before we go." I said, Harry nodding. "I would love to, i think it'd be nice for both of us to disconnect from everything else for a little."

That was exactly what we needed.

~ harry pov

"But first.. rehearsals, i'm sorry!! but we still need to rehearse so we don't make a fool of ourselves on Tuesday." She said, even though I always made a fool out of myself anyways.. but she was right.