eight

~ rylee pov

I ran to the bathroom, trying to hold back my tears as I couldn't let Harry see that he was getting to me. But what the fuck was actually wrong with him..

How did we go from having a perfect night to this. I guess he had gone home and regretted everything that happened. I groaned of anger as tears started to fall down my cheeks. I was so mad that I was even letting him make me feel this way. I didn't deserve this, i didn't do anything wrong.

Deep down, I knew it was Harry's own insecurities making him act out. I should've listened to everyone, this was all so stupid and I shouldn't had let it get this far.

As I sat in the stall, wiping my tears away, I heard someone walk in. "Hello?" they said, I immediately recognized that voice.

"Lele!!" I said as I opened the door and jumped into her arms, tears beginning to form again - I just couldn't help myself.

"Rylee? What's wrong? Why are you crying!!!" She asked me with worry in her voice. She was probably just as confused as I was because Harry and I were having the perfect night last night before she left us.

"What did he do.." She asked, now angrily, knowing that only Harry could get this reaction out of me.

"He.. he kissed me last night. Finally right? Everything I've been waiting for, for him to be cold this morning and a complete asshole. Everything was fine last night, I don't understand.." I said, Lele shaking her head and hugging me again.

"Oh honey, boys can be real asses sometimes. They just don't know how to express their feelings and that is Harry in a nutshell. He likes you so much, I'm sure that he can't even believe the woman he has in front of him right now. He has no idea what to do with himself." She said, trying to make me feel better as she wiped away the tears on my face.

As we stood there, we heard a knock on the door. She peaked her head, and without even having to see him, I heard Harry's voice through the small crack.

"She doesn't want to speak right now Harry.." Lele said as he begged her to let me speak to him. She looked back at me but I shook my head no, not wanting to speak at the moment. I didn't want him to know I had just been crying.

He fell silent and Lele closed the door, hugging me again and reminding me that everything would be okay. "Harry isn't a bad guy, he's just used to toxic relationships and wouldn't know what's good if it hit him in the face.. you're gold baby girl, never forget that." She said, reminding me of my worth and telling me to never let any guy take that from me.

And she was right.

I took a few more minutes to compose myself before I said my goodbyes to Lele, thanking her for being there for me. I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the studio, seeing that Harry's car was still in the lot. I sighed, walking quickly to avoid anyone. As I got into my car, I drove off without another thought in mind.

~

For the rest of the week, we had put our personal issues aside to learn this dance and get through show night.. but nothing had been resolved.

We were saved for the night, both of us putting on a show for the cameras. But once we made it backstage, all I wanted to do was be far away from him. It was hard for me to be around him when I knew I had such strong feelings for him but he probably didn't..

This week was particularly rough because my family ended up not being able to come. With everything that was going on, they were all I wish I had right now, but I had to be strong by myself and for myself.