7

Meerab looked at her hand in horror.Felt the heartbeat is normal today. Speed ​​control was never lost once.But the brain is dead. Not understanding anything. There is not even a trace of fear within, which is present in all external parts. For the first time in her life,she faced such a situation.Murtasim said hurriedly,

"Chalo der ho raha hai."

Murtasim did not give her a chance to get up, but took her by the hand and brought her to the stage. All eyes are on the two. Many have already started whispering. This was to happen. When something undesirable happens instead of the result of the desired event, it issues to discuss and criticize the matter face to face.

Shahnawaz khan face is full of surprise.He came forward and said,

"Yeh kya mazak hai Murtasim.Aur bhagori ladki tumhe kaha mila?"

Murtasim smiles and looks at his father.Straight forward replied without delay while holding Meerab's hand.

"Yeh ladki biwi hai meri aur mein apni biwi ko phir se apna banane ja raha hu Baba."

Salma khanam startled and said;

"Murtasim tum thik to ho.Bhul gaye is ladki ki harqat kaise chor ke bhag gayi thi tumhe.Aisa na ho woh tumhe chor ke phir bhag jai."

"Pehle nikaah ho jane de phir kahunga mein thik hu bhi ya nahi.Aur raha sawal bhag jane ka to Maa is baar hath itne majbuti se pakrunga ki yeh chahe bhi to mujhe chor ke nahi jaa payegi."

Murtasim paused,taking a deep breath and said;

"Chah kar bhi Maa mein aap ko aaj best actress ki tag nahi de sakta.Aap ne jo kiya Meerab ko mere zindegi se bhagane ke liye uske baad bhi mein aap se nafrat shayed nahi kar paunga.Kyun ki aap maa hai meri aur izzat ke haqdar.Lekin mere liye aap ki yeh harqat ke liye maf karna mushkil hai.Bohot mushkil.Aap dono ke liye aap ka jhota shan apne bete ki khushiyon se jyada bara tha is liye Meerab ko mere zindegi se hatane ke liye itna ghatiya aur giri huyi sazish ki.Woh khuddar ladki mujh par buj na ban jai is liye bina soche samjhe usi waqt Hyderabad chor di.Aur ek aisi sheher ja pouchi jaha woh kisi ko janti bhi nahi thi.Soch sakti hai aap agar us din use Aliya nahi milti uski jaga aaj kaha hoti.Kaise sochenge aap aap ki ankhon mein to jhote ghuman ki patti bandhi huyi hai.Aap ne se chote khandan ke logo ko aap log insaan kaha samajte hai."

Meerab recalled the day when she reached the city of Karachi.She was unknown there and frightened too.One drunken man comes to her and wants to assault her but meantime Aliya finds her and gives place to stay in her flat.Aliya is the childhood friend of Meerab in her school.To study further,her family sends her to Karachi.

"Khair aab yeh baten karke mein aur waqt zaya nahi kar sakta.Waise aap ne ma baap ki sazish ki wajah se humare zindegi ki 3 saal hum gawa chuke hai."

Murtasim said the words very coldly.Salma khanam took her son's other hand and cried.She said in a soft voice.

"Yeh ladki tumhari zindegi khushiyan nahi humari zindegi mein tofan lee ayega beta.Maat laao ise apne zindegi mein wapas."

Murtasim reached out and wiped away the drops of tears on his mother's cheeks and said,

"Yeh mere zindegi mein pisle 3 saal se hai Maa.Meri biwi hai woh.Meri izzat.Aab yeh jana chahe bhi to mein use kabhi apne se dur nahi karunga.Aap se bas itna hi kahunga aap ne yeh mere sath accha nahi kiya.Mujhe yakin hi nahi aaya Maa aap logo ne sazish karke Meerab ko mujhse dur kiya.Aap logo ki is dhoke ko mein kabhi nahi bhulunga."

Shahnawaz khan comes forward angrily to Murtasim and says;

"Murtasim mere izzat ke zanaza nikalne ka haq tumhe kisne diya.Pata nahi pichle 3 saal se yeh ladki kaha thi,kiske sath...."

Murtasim rolled up his eyes and said gritted his teeth.

"Aap ko koi haq nahi Baba aap mere biwi ke kirdar pe ungli uthai.Woh pak hai mere liye.Aur iski pak damani ka gawahi mein uske shohar deta hu.Aur raha sawal aap ke izzat ka to mujhe isse koi farak nahi parta agar kisi chij se farak parta to sirf apni biwi ki khushiyon se.Aap dono ki ghinoni sazish ki wajah se waise bhi humne humare zindegi ki hasin paal gawa chuke hai.Aab aur waqt zaya nahi karte.Agar aap dono apni bete ki khushiyon mein shamil nahi hona to maat ho lekin kam se kam usse uske khushiyan to maat chine."

Meerab without taking blink,just look at Murtasim.She have tearful eyes to see how Murtasim taking her side and defending her infront of everyone.She is standing with her head bowed. Everything is a dream to her.Murtasim took one look at her and said in a husky voice,

"Dekho ek baar nahi do baar shadi kar raha hu tumse.Aisi kismat kaha milta hai ek hi biwi se do do bar shadi."

"Lekin aap ko sab kuch pata kaise chala?"

However Meerab could not raise the question, before that,Murtasim appeared in front of Aliya and Salar.He looked at Salar and said;

"Hum pehle shadi karle,koi aitraaz to nahi."

"Is mein aitraz kaisa bhai.Is din dekhne ke liye na jani kitne dua manga hai humne.Akhir yeh din aa hi gaya."

__________________________________

What is happening,how is it happening?So many questions roaming around Meerab's mind.She have lots of curiosity to know.Pushing away all the questions,Meerab said 'Qubool hai'.Once again married with her husband. Now the man is in front of her.Like that wedding,she didn't wear long veil.She can clearly looking at her husband,Murtasim.

Murtasim knows every details of her but how?She deliberately hides her identity and told him a fake name.Still he finds her without seeing her face.But how?How long does Murtasim knows her.So he came close to her knowing everything? Meerab's head is spinning at this moment. It hurts a lot. Without delay,she somehow completed the signature on marriage certificate with a blurred vision.

__________________________________

Meerab waiting for Murtasim at his room.Suddenly remember Murtasim's words about the wedding night that day in the stairwell. The body trembles. There is a rumbling sound in the chest imagining things that will take shape in time.

Ending Meerab's waiting,Murtasim enters the room.Giving her a rose,he said;

"Happy Third anniversary Mrs Meerab Murtasim khan."

Meerab is confused. Today is their wedding anniversary?She doesn't remember how she forgot.Murtasim opened the cupboard and took out a t-shirt and a saree.Murtasim crooked smiles and says,

"Pata hai mein itna bechain kyun tha tumhe apne zindegi mein wapas lane ke liye."

Meerab raised her eyes and looked.She threw a questioning look.Murtasim gently touched the soft hand placed on the bed in front of him and says in a dark tone,

"Kyun ki tum meri biwi ho aur dusra dil se jo dil ka taluk jura tha us wajah se."

_________________________________

Your feedback will be appreciated

Keep voting 🙏