five

「」⇢ 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧ˊˎ˗ ༉‧₊˚✧Season one, Episode two - Wendigo

「」⇢ 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧ˊˎ˗ ༉‧₊˚✧
Season one, Episode two - Wendigo

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃The sound of music playing fills the current silence in the Impala. Sam and Maddie had both passed out soon after the three had hit the road. Dean tapped his fingers on the wheel as he hummed quietly along to the music.

The last two weeks had been uneventful. The three had hung around Stanford to see if whatever had killed Jess reappeared. It had not much to Sam's chagrin.

It also felt like they were stuck between a rock and a hard place regarding their other problem. The only lead on John was a location, which Maddison had pointed out was in the middle of nowhere, and they still had no idea who or what had killed Jess.

Sam had been quiet most of the week. He'd only briefly gone to the funeral, claiming that he didn't wanna draw attention when Dean asked why he was back so soon. The youngest Winchester was a closed book, and neither Dean nor Maddie knew how to make him feel better.

They'd only left Stanford when Maddie pointed out that she needed to return to her own apartment to get her belongings. Sam had begrudgingly agreed to leave. Since the drive from California to New York was long, Maddison had initially suggested that she go back and the brothers hang around, but Dean had been set on the idea of the three staying together.

"It's safer with this thing out here. What if you go back and the things stood in your apartment?" He had asked, looking slightly concerned at the idea of her leaving alone. Even Sam had seemed uneasy about the idea.

Understanding where he was coming from, she had agreed to let Dean (yet again) make the drive back to her apartment. Now, a few days later, the three stood in a ranger station in the Colorado National Forest.

The coordinates Dean had found led directly to Blackwater Ridge.

The Ranger station was a fairly small wooden cabin just outside the forest's start. As Maddison looked around, her eyes fell onto a 3D forest map. She moved closer to get a better look and felt Sam move beside her.

Just off the corner of the map was a label reading 'Blackwater Ridge.' Maddie frowned. It truly was in the middle of nowhere if the map was correct, making the coordinates even weirder. How had John found this place?

"Dude, check out the side of this freaking bear," Dean called out, causing the two to turn around. He was standing, pointing to a picture of a man and a very large bear on the wall.

"Jesus." Mumbled the brunette as she came to stand beside him. Dean grinned at her with a sort of boyish excitement.

The whole place so far gave Maddison the creeps. National forests and parks always had. She had never heard one good thing about them, and the photo of that bear gave the impression that Lost Creek was not a nature hike.