chapter one

The beginning

Two sisters who did everything together were out having a family day with their parents they were in the forest playing games. Not far, a man was watching the kids.

3 year old Jasmine was playing hide and seek with her older sister. The fast toddler hid well, but a man wearing a mask showed up snatching Jiwon, her older sister who was 6 at the time.

Little Jasmine tried running at the man, but he pushed the child and puta crying Jiwon in his car. Jasmine began sobbing and could hear their parents calling for them.

The man wanted them both but the parents were too close and he needed to go.

"STRANGER DANGER"

"STRANRAER DANGERRRRR" The young Jasmine scream, blowing her whistle her dad had given them, she was scared and hid in the log.

"You're next," said the man as he approached the younger child, but he heard voices knowing he'd be caught he decided to leave.

Leaving a frightening 3 year old in the middle of the forest alone inside a log, crying. Her parents came and comforted her. They looked for hours and called the police.

That was 16 years ago, and now it's 2001, and Jasmine is now 19 and a mother of an energetic 4 year old. Her parents passed awayleaving their family home to her, but she still needed to work. Her daughters father and his parents want custody of her daughter. She recently moved back to her hometown, and this town always freaked her out. Her parents took her to doctors throughout the years, and she barely remembers that day.

Her family thought it was best she'd forget it and said her sister died in a car accident, but her recent dreams say differently.

She has a decent income and all and works part-time at the local mall.

𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐥

Jasmine was enjoying her break eating an ice cream cone, and her daughter was beside her mother enjoying a chocolate cone.

Mike, the security, noticed them he had always found her beautiful, and she always made him lunch.
Hello Jasmine  how are you? Mike says, smiling a genuine smile.

I'm fine Mike and how are you? Say hello, Mike, "Jasmine told her daughter .

Hewwo Mikey. The toddler says, smiling her 2 front teeth missing.

Hello Sunny. He smiled back at them both and ruffled the toddlers hair while she giggled.

Him and Jasmine had a conversation before he headed towards his coworker.

Mike's co-worker, Jeremiah, reads a book called, "Dream Theory while slurping a drink louder than intended.

"And though the dreamer remains asleep, he walks through memory as if experiencing it for the 1st time anew, no longer a passenger but an active participant." (puts down the book & chuckles) This stuff for real?

 "Some people think so, guess it depends on what you believe," says Mike

Summer of '82, I traded a mint condition Cal Ripken Jr. rookie for a used copy of "Missile Command." That card's probably worth 800 bucks now. I wish I could participate in that memory & and actively kick my own ass. looks at the book "Can I keep it?"

"No," Mike said before chuckling at his friend. Once their conversation finished, he headed over to the ice cream shop to get a cool treat.

Mike was in line, and he noticed a child that resembled his brother. His younger brother went missing, and he saw the boy with a man. From a distance, it looks as if the man was forcing the child. But it was the kids' father, but Mike didn't know. Without a word, Mike started punching them, and man still unaware this child is his son.

Jeremiah had to come and get Mike off the father he was attacking. Jasmine noticed the commotion and tried explaining that he may have thought some suspicious happened.

"Jasmine," her manager says

"Yes ma'am"

"You're here to work, not get in drama," the manager says. Before Jasmine could say anything, she heard those two words. "YOU'RE FIRED," the young mother cried. This was her favorite job.

"It's owey mom, you suwper," Sunny says, looking at her mother, making her look at her daughter with a smile and hug her lovingly.

"It's okay sweetheart you're right about that. We? are survivors. Mommy needs a new job soon."

Her coworkers gave her the contact information of an agency that could help her find work. She thanked them and headed home.

Mike was frustrated he planned on asking Jasmine out but felt he embarrassed himself in front of her onto of that he just got fired. So many people saw what happened and think he is crazy. Did she? He wanted to thank her for helping him.