1

5 years after the war

Harry couldn't believe it had already been 5 years. He had hated himself for surviving when so many hadn't. Some of those include Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, and Fred Weasley.

It was about 8 am, on Saturday in the little muggle village Harry had moved to with his son. Well, his godson, he preferred referring to Teddy as his son even if he wasn't actually. Teddy does call him dad, but Harry knows he could never be the man Remus was.

Luckily for Harry, someone knocked on his front door, which made him snap out of his thoughts on the war. He had already been awake for 2 hours, so he was already up and dressed. he quietly made his way to the door so he wouldn't disturb Teddy, who was sleeping still and opened it.

"Professor Mcgonagall!" Harry said happily, giving her a hug. She hugged him back, not bothering that it was unprofessional. She thought of him more like a son than one of her students. He also saw her as a motherly figure, especially since he didn't have anyone until he had gone to Hogwarts. "It's nice to see you again. Please do come in. would you like a cup of tea?"

"That would be lovely dear, I do have some things I want to speak with you about. But most importantly, how are you?" Mcgonagall spoke as she walked into Harry's home. It was a small one floored house, but it was very cosy. "I'm as well as can be, I suppose," Harry replied. 

Before he could say anything else, a little boy ran into the living room where they were located. "Daddy, I'm hungry," his little voice spoke. Both of them smiled at him.

"Good morning to you, too, little man. I'll get you some porridge. This here is Professor Mcgonagall. She used to teach me in Hogwarts." Harry told him while getting things ready to make 2 teas and a bowl of porridge.

"Hi, I'm Teddy, My daddy talks a lot about you. You also taught my actual dad." Teddy said while holding his hand out to shake hers. She shook his hand, trying to hold in her tears. " You are very polite, aren't you, mister?" she said to him. That made the little boy smile. 

Harry walked up to them one hand holding the tea, and the other had his food. He gave the tea to Mcgonagall, then turned to Teddy and said, " Here is your food. Please eat in your room because i need to talk with her, okay, little man?" Teddy nodded with a quick i love you, then went back to his room.

"Is that Remus's son? He is very polite. You should be proud of him." She said to Harry.

"Yeah, he is, I'm his godfather, and since his grandmother died a month after the battle, I've had him," Harry said sadly. "Anyway, what did you come here to discuss with me?"

"So I know this would be difficult for you, and if you do say no, then I'll fully understand, but I was wondering if you could be the new defence against the dark arts teacher? I also now realise you have a child, but we could make accommodations for him in the castle." she spoke carefully.

Harry's first home was Hogwarts. Nowhere else felt like home to him, yes he loved where he lived but he could never really call it home. He would love to go back, maybe after these 5 years it could be home again. One of his main issues that he had to think about though was the fact he would be raising his son in the castle his parents died in only 5 years ago. He would also be back in the place his brother died, he considered all of the Weasley's his family. Just like they considered him and teddy their family.

"I would love to go back but if I were to go back, it would have to be as soon as possible.. I know this will be awkward to have me go early but I have to think about myself and my son. I lost a brother in them walls and he lost his parents. Id rather go sooner to get used to the idea and make sure Teddy is okay." Harry replied.

"It would be perfect if you came early, we have quite a lot of the staff who live there full time, one of which happens to be a Mr. Longbottom." Mcgonagall smiled. Harrys face broke into a massive grin. He missed Neville. " You could come as soon as today if you would like" she continued, hoping he would say yes.

"I think it would be really good to go today. I don't have anything planned this holiday so what better way to spend it then going around Hogwarts." He said.

"Amazing, well ill let you get ready and go get somewhere sorted for you and Teddy. You can floo in at 12 so in 3 hours if you would like. As i have already been here an hour i shall now go. See you soon Professor potter." she said while walking to the front door and opening it.

Before Harry could reply she turned to him and said "and don't be surprised when you see Mr. Malfoy" and with that she closed the door and disapparated leaving Harry speechless.

Draco Malfoy? he thought, he must have heard her wrong.