24: Alphabetical Maddness

Beginne am Anfang

In silence every Ever cowered as the Nevers smiled evilly. Everyone eyed those on the other side an examined their strengths and weaknesses. Ana did the same. Scarlett had a singular knife strapped to her waist so disarm her of that and it'll be simple. Apollo you had to hit when he least expected it. His pride and ego would get in the way of everything. Rudy was cautious but would need to be caught off guard too to get it right. He was so shaken up Ana could say Boo and he'd run away. Fighting Alyssa seemed unfair. All the girl did was cower and cry when faced with danger. I don't even think she has any strengths in the fighting aspects. Naveen was the one who Ana couldn't work out. His cold gaze sliced through her like butter. His expression so cold, so unreadable, she had no clue of any weakness. Only a look that could kill anyone.

"First up, starting with the A's. Ana and Alyssa," Yuba announced. Alyssa started bawling at the mention of her name from the teacher. She went into complete meltdown. It took them five minutes to stop her blubbering before Yuba picked her up with his magic. This gave Ana a chance to take off her thin school jacket and to roll her jumper and shirts sleeves up. Ana then walked to the centre of the clearing waiting for her opponent. Yuba finally had had enough when he ended up placing Alyssa in front of Ana in the middle of the clearing.

"No! Please no I don't want to die," The girl yelled as her crazy red hair was pushed away from her face. Her eyes darted around looking for danger along with filling with tears again. The girl was scared shitless yet something in Ana enjoyed it. Not in a weird was but she wasn't going to provide mercy to the girl. She wanted to torture her in the most cruel and unthinkable way possible. Yet Ana suddenly snapped shaking her head to get rid of those thoughts. She was not that person.

"Will you just stop!" Ana yelled grabbing Alyssa's shoulders and shaking her a bit. Alyssa tried to break Ana's grip before Ana held her in place firmly. "Calm down! If I wanted you dead I would have done it by now," the girl nodded gingerly before Ana's eyes lowered to her ranking. 386?! That's worse than mine. Makes sense as to why she's so useless. Ana thought. Ana smiled at the girl before turning Alyssa and herself so they were back to back.

On the other side of the grassland Yuba let out a long awaited breath he was holding in. Finally they have settled. The man sat there with his hand on his forehead, frankly he didn't care what happened in the lesson, at least he got paid for it. "Now take your 20 steps!"

With each step Ana's mind fought between the good and bad thoughts. Kill her. No what is wrong with you. Be fun though. No just give her a fright. A fright of death. NO!

"Ready... GO!" Yuba yelled and created a protective dome for those watching. Ana hadn't even realised she had walked so far already. She wasn't ready to start. Ana turned nonetheless and faced the terrified Alyssa.

Ana just stood there looking at Alyssa who was just shaking, almost crying and cowering over the girl that stood 40 yards from her. Ana looked at the girl and started to copy her, mimicking her. Which made the poor girl more scared. Ana's fake crying moved to a psychotic laugh as time went on. Ana then stopped and looked up suddenly smirking at the girl. She conjured a flame with her hand, bringing it close to her face to examine it. Turning her hand as the flame crawled up her exposed arm.

It was then Ana pointed her inflamed arm towards and fired fire at her opponent. The girl ran from the shots but eventually one landed her straight in the face and sent her flying against the dome around them. It was invisible but rippled when touched, or in this case catapulted at. Ana walked closer to get a view of her work as she saw the girl on the floor she smirked. She fired another at the struggling girl on the floor. Ana walked closer only to grab a fist full of Alyssa's red hair to pick her up with. She picked her up to throw her across the clearing and towards the centre rather than to the edge of the dome. Ana could hear the Nevers shouting encouragement at the girl in pure shock of the princess growing a backbone, finally. Evers shouted encouragement... encouragement to stop. Yelling at how Alyssa couldn't possibly fight back.

"If she can't survive this how will she survive the Endless Woods. This is child's play. The Endless Woods would eat her alive," Yuba remarked without turning to the Evers. He sipped on his cup of tea watching the duel. I wouldn't call it a duel I would more call it Ana beating the crap out of Alyssa and Alyssa scrambling to whatever cover she could fine or just crying.

Back into the lessons arena Ana had given Alyssa a bloody nose, cut lip, burnt torso and a very messy hairstyle. The girl was done and started to beg for whatever reason for Ana to stop. Yet that little thing in Ana grew more powerful and wanted blood. It was then, without Ana realising, she started to fly. Up, up and up the girl went till she stopped. Her eyes turned a villainous red of which glowed. No one could miss it, not even Chris. Chris stared at the girl, silent. Chris couldn't help but notice her princess friend had gotten every good at her powers over lunch. It wasn't till the eyes she realised why.

Ana lifted all the power she could above her head. Fire mixed with her blood magic. As the fire was such a dark red colour it was hard to spot at all. Yet because Chris was looking for it she saw why, it had happened again. She wouldn't admit it but she cared deeply about Ana and to see her in such trouble almost broke her heart. A pit was formed in her stomach as Ana didn't even realise what trouble she'd caused or created. Ana would have released it but Yuba interrupted.

"I think that's good enough for today girls," Yuba said as the dome came down immediately. Ana's powerful ball of chaos departed back into her body as she came down from the sky. "I can see you've been working on your control Ana and where did the flying come from?" Yuba asked genuinely concerned. Villains were only meant to have one talent.

"I learnt a spell for it before I joined and had never tested it. I thought it would be a good time to try it," Ana said. Must admit it was a good excuse and Yuba bought it. Just saying to focus on her fire powers for now without adding spells to the mix.

"Alyssa... You will die if you enter them woods. Please grow a back bone," Yuba smiled before announcing the next pairing "Apollo and Chris,"

Ana watched each match looking at how they defeated each other. Chris was struck with Apollos sword at the start of the match but her zombie friend basically ate him alive. Next was Naveen and Cora. Yet due to last lessons incident she, along with her brother, was in the hospital wing. So Naveen and Jay were up. There was a very weird tension between them but Jay almost let Naveen win. Why? No one knows but meh. Then Raven and Rudy fought. Raven easily fought and won against Rudy. A dragon is tricky to defeat...

Then that left Scarlett but the girl was out of time anyway, as the wolves howled. Yuba announced she would duel them both when they got back next lesson. She was a strong girl but even through her tough physique she still slipped a scared expression. Yuba then told them "Your scores should be updating now," It was then our scores updated. Alyssa had a 4 above her head in gold. Her score ranked lower, over 400! How many students does this bloody school have?! That wasn't important. Ana wanted to know what she had. She looked up at the 1 above her head. "Ana you were most improved. Keep it up,"

She looked down to her ranking. 167! Lovely just lovely. This little plan of hers was working well and no one suspected it or that's what Ana thought. As everyone went back to the castle for a break Chris stayed watching Ana walk away. Still definite on what she saw.