Chapter 27- Night Walk

Start from the beginning

"It's Taeri's room".

"Then.. where's she?"

Taehyung sigh, putting the popcorn down, turn his body towards Jungkook.

"She's in my mother's place".

Jungkook's eyes widened, processing Taehyung's words.

"Your mother? It means..."

"She was here yesterday, meeting me and Taeri".

Flashback...

Taehyung hug his little sister tightly.

"Taeri ah, take care of yourself there. I'll be visiting you in two weeks from now. Don't forget about me, okay?" Taehyung said as he pull away from the hug.

"Okay oppa. But..why aren't you follow me and mom?" Taeri asked , tilting her head.

Taehyung take a quick glance at his mom. "I can't, baby. I..I have to go to college. But you don't have to worry about your school. Your..your mom will take you to school and pick you up. You don't have to walk anymore. Okay baby?"

"But what if I missed you, oppa?" The little girl pout.

Taehyung smile. "Then, you can always look at my photos. I'm going to miss you too, my little princess". Taehyung touched Taeri's nose.

"Can you live alone without me, oppa?"

"Ohh my baby. I'm grown up, of course I can live alone. But you're just a little girl. You need your mom, same as you need me. It's just two weeks, dear. I know, you're gonna be okay. Now don't be sad okay?"

Taehyung comfort his sister, even though the truth is he's the one controlling his tears right now.

Taeri nod.

Taehyung smile as he kiss Taeri's forehead, giving her one last hug before getting up.

"Taeri ah, let's go". Mrs Kim said softly.

"Yes mom".

Mrs Kim approach Taehyung.

"Son, you know you still can follow me? You are welcome in our house anytime. You can always visit Taeri".

Taehyung look somewhere, not at his mother.

"I gave you two weeks. Use all those times only for Taeri. Make sure you never leave her alone and make her sad. When I said never leave her alone, I meant about your work. How busy you are, never let her play on her own. Simple to say that..just be a good mother to Taeri".

Mrs Kim smile. She spread her arms and hug Taehyung. As she expected, Taehyung didn't hug her back. But she's glad that Taehyung didn't push her away.

End of flashback...

"Do know how it feels, when you hate someone you could never hate? I mean.. she's my mom. She's been carrying me in her wombs for 9 months, as she struggled to make me alive and show me about world. Whatever I do, I am still her son, her heir and I still need her blessings in life. And plus.. she's Taeri's mother. She has rights to meet Taeri".

Taehyung sigh. "It's a bit hard for me to let Taeri go, but as I think through, it's the best for her. She can't depend on me forever, cause she still has a mom. I can't let her stuck with me forever. And it's only for 2 weeks. 2 weeks for my mom to prove that she's gonna be a good mom for Taeri".

Taehyung feel his hand got lifted. Looking down on his lap, he can see Jungkook's hand on top of his, caressing his smooth, milky skin.

"You're doing right, Taehyung. At least.. you're not being selfish. You know that Taeri still needs her mom. Everything's gonna be okay, Taehyung. I'm sure". Jungkook said with a sweet smile on his face.