CHAPTER 1: THE START OF THE ROAD

Start from the beginning

"I suppose that means you won't be getting a starter Pokemon then? Since you already have your Gible." Juniper said as she started walking towards her car while Kairi and Atlas trailed behind the professor. "It seems so. I don't mind not getting a starter since I already have a Pokemon of my own! By the way, how many people are waiting?" Kairi asked with a curious tone lingering in her sentence as she slid into a seat beside Juniper with Atlas sitting on her lap.

The car engines softly rumbling before letting out a roar. "5 people around your age." Juniper answered as she started the car, driving off along the road. "Oh, that's awe- wait a minute, 5 people?! Who?" Kairi questioned, her eyes widening as she leaned towards Juniper awaiting the professor's answer. She laughed softly and shook her head, winking at Kairi. "You'll just have to see for yourself." The answer made Kairi whine and pout before letting out a defeated sigh. "Fine, fiinnee... I'll wait then." Kairi slumped in her seat before something caught her eye.

She gasped loudly, suddenly jerking her head towards the direction of the scenery around her. "Wooaa..." Her breath was taken away watching a flock of Pidove flying past her, a group of Patrats within the forest watching them pass by, while a herd of Deerlings looked at them with curiosity, Swannas and Duckletts swimming on the water's surface with such elegance. There were so many Pokemon that she knew of within the Unova region, but seeing them in front of her eyes was something else than seeing them on a piece of paper.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Juniper asked as she drove the car picking up the pace on the road. "Yeaahhh, it really is!" Kairi exclaimed, her eyes shining brightly from the lighting of the sunlight as the Pokemon watched them. "That's wonderful! There's many Unovan Pokemon that you'll meet around the Unova region," Juniper continued, "though I have a few questions to ask of you Kairi. Out of curiosity." Kairi turned to Juniper, her eyes forming curiosity. "Shoot." She leaned back against the passenger seat.

"Where did you get Gible? You rarely ever see a Gible around the Unova region of all places." Which is true. You don't see Gibles at all in the Unova region and if you did, it was a rare sight to see those creatures running amok in the Unova region, not even in the deserts. Kairi stared down at Atlas, tapping her chin. "I found her running away from a flock of Taillow along the shorelines of Undella Town, my hometown." Kairi answered and pets Atlas on the head once more, feeling the smooth texture of her scales unlike before where it used to be sandpaper. That was back then.

"I see..." Juniper mumbled, nodding before quickly continuing on. "Did you sign up for the Unova League?" Now that was an interesting question. Kairi stared at the road before a smile crept on her lips. "Of course I did!" She cheerfully answered the professor who nodded, continuing. "Meaning you'll be going after the gym badges within Unova?" Of course Kairi is going to be chasing after those gym badges! "Yeah uh!" She shouted, pumping her fist in the air eagerly.

Juniper could only smile at Kairi's attitude. She was just like any trainer beginning their journey towards Unova and possibly around the world. "That's great! Oh, we're already at Nuvema Town by the way. We'll be by the lab at any moment now," Juniper announced as Kairi looked over to the side, seeing the building pass quickly by the speed of the car. "Woaahh! So this is Nuvema Town? This is awesome! Way bigger than Undella Town." Kairi eyed the buildings that interested her the most, watching people walk along the sidewalks with their partners, other Pokemon hidden within the alleyways... there was just so much to explore in this town!

The vehicle stops suddenly causing the puzzled girl to check what happened. "We're here." Juniper called as she pushed the car door open along with Kairi (while Atlas hopped off of her lap first before Kairi got out). "You'll be seeing them soon! Wonder what starter they'll be picking." Juniper hummed as she entered the building with 5 young budding trainers waiting for the professor. They were all talking up until the professor walked in.