𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Začít od začátku

it was now morning and ellen was there to make breakfast for everyone. devon had woken up first and regretfully untangled herself from quinn, knowing she couldn't postpone to make her bags since their flight was in six hours.

just as she entered the room she shared with molly a frown found it's place on her face. molly was on the floor, neatly packing everything with a calm expression.

devon might've been a little too focused on quinn this past three weeks but she did notice that trevor and molly had been close this vacation, something she honestly wouldn't have expected. in her quinn haze, she hadn't had found time to interrogate molly, or sunny and julien for that matter, the pair always seemed to disappear somewhere together but now she knew it was time.

"hi molly" she smiled, going to her bags and clothes messily thrown on the floor, starting to fold them neatly on the bed.

"hey dev! why are you up so early?" molly brightly asked. it was known molly was a morning person so it was no surprise to see her up and full of energy right now but devon was the exact opposite. devon loved sleeping and she loved naps and was always grumpy when she had to wake up early but now she seemed okay.

"i had to pack my bags right now so i wouldn't be so worried later" she shrugged her shoulders sheepishly.

"good point"

"can i ask you something?" devon asked, looking up from the shorts she was folding.

"yeah, what's up?"

"you know how you guys are so nosy and always interrogate me about quinn? i'm gonna do the same, what's going on with you and trevor?" devon asked, seeing the way molly's body briefly stiffened as she kept folding her clothes with her back to devon.

"well, unlike you, i'm not embarrassed so i'll tell you" molly mused, immediately regretting the way her words came out.

"that was mean" devon frowned.

"i know, i'm sorry! anyway, we just started to talk and at first i gotta admit he was kinda annoying, too much energy, you know? but he grew on me and i found that he's actually nice to hang out with and when we're alone he's more calm even though i kinda like his loud side now" molly rambled with a gentle smile on her face.

devon frowned. she was happy for her friend. back in new york molly had struggled a lot to actually talk to a male and enjoy their presence, everyone is an asshole in nyc nowadays, so to hear she actually found someone worth her time, even as friends, was really good but she was jealous. jealous at molly's ability to feel something and talk about it freely. jealous that molly didn't have the insecurities and the voice on her head that told her she wasn't enough everytime someone looked her way.

"how do you do that? how do you feel so openly?"

molly frowned sympathetically, knowing were this was coming from. everyone had seen quinn's and devon's closeness this past weeks but under the excuse that nobody wanted to break their bubble, everyone acted as if it was normal.

molly knew their relationship was complicated, she didn't know either of them when they had been a couple but from stories she heard she knew they had been deeply in love. so when she heard the full story of their breakup molly had been confused initially, but she now had a hunch as to why it had happened, after seeing their attitudes on the lake house, and quinn's constant looks at devon's way, she felt pretty sure she knew why quinn had done it.

"it's not easy for me either dev but you gotta be upfront about certain things. if you keep hiding under the what ifs you might lose something special and you'll regret it"

"you really like him, huh?"

"i do but not as much as you like him" molly said cheekily, looking pointedly at her friend.