Chapter 2: Dinnertime

People who showed support to the pilot:

GachaEvery
ReptileEdge
SpeedsterFromOhio
rosechuck_chuck

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Both of them locked eyes with each other, Pomni's pupils shrinking to little black dots.

"U-Um... Uh..." Pomni was at a loss for words, she wasn't expecting him to open his eyes - or even talk.

His stare intimidated her, making her feel like she was caught committing a crime by a cop.

Pomni gulped, realizing that he's waiting for her to explain herself. "I was... I was... trying to see if you were okay... Y'know, calm and collected..."

He took his time to answer, which only made her curiosity grow more. "I'm fine."

"Well... you seem too calm, if that makes sense..." Pomni tapped her fingers as a way to fidget. "Are you looking for an exit?"

For some reason, that question seemed to make him look down at the floor instead of her. "No."

She wasn't expecting that. "Why...?"

He doesn't respond to that. He believes that he deserves to be here in this hell for his failures in Arkham City. This was his punishment. Besides, he couldn't leave if he tried; his equipment is missing and the technology integrated in his cowl is rendered useless here.

He's stuck here, just like them.

She wasn't going to pry him anymore about that topic, she figured that he's given up hope for that. "Do you mind if we call you Batman? If that's your name...?"

"It is acceptable." Batman answered naturally, but still sounding low and masculine.

"Do you remember how you got here?" Pomni asked, feeling a bit more comfortable now that they're having a conversation... or a Q&A session.

"That's classified." Batman replied, his low voice sounded a bit sharp.

"Oh..." Well, that was new for her - since when did someone keep that detail hidden from everyone else? Why would he refuse? "Well... do you remember anything from before...?"

"Yes." He responds, his low voice sounding slightly confident in that.

"Okay..." Pomni was running out of trivial questions to ask, because she's afraid of asking him personal questions.

He strikes her as the type who doesn't open up.

She taps her foot on the ground and ponders, he eventually closes his eyes again and she just watches him.

She finally came to a different question. "Do you want to find a way out?"

Batman opened his eyes again.

"Because I want to find a way out too." Pomni added on, feeling slightly confident now that she has his attention - and hopefully they share the same goal too. "And even though I've made no progress, I think I'd have a better chance at finding a way out with some help."

He continues to look at her, puzzling her with his impassive expression.

"Nobody else wants to help me, because they've given up hope..." Pomni continued, and then she stared at the floor - feeling some of the emotions coming back to her. "And every day I feel more alone and hopeless... I don't want to live here, I don't deserve this, but everything is just insanity... and I don't know if I could take it anymore..."