07.|Truth Be Told

Start from the beginning

"or we can beat that bitch's ass!"

Nene said back, just as sweetly, it was scary how they could make something that sounded violent innocent sounding. Ajia being the only sane and logical one in the in-room sighed and shook her head at her friend's words.

"orrr...I have a better idea"

She interjected, before sitting next to Y/N and looking her in the eye and placing a comforting hand on their shoulder.

"Tell Miles you like him,"

She suggested, it was the best and legal thing to do when faced with a situation like this, Y/N stared at Asia before feeling her heart start to race and she began to shake her head.

"uhn-uhn-uhn-uhn!"

She quickly denied it, nene groaned and gave her a look

"Girl, why the hell not? what do you have to lose?"

She questioned, genuinely confused by her reluctance' Y/N gave them both a look with furrowed brows as if they were crazy.

"everything! I mean- ion even know if he likes me back or if he'll even see me that way? I'll fuck up our friendship if he doesn't" 

Y/N explained her inner thoughts on the matter, the fear of rejection and losing miles together entirely is what's holding her back, he was too special for her to take that kind of risk. She wished he'd show some sign of interest or at least try to make moves on her so that she knows that he is interested but he doesn't, so she has no idea what he's thinking.

"Y/N, baby girl, you can't let yourself be held back by your fears, you gotta take a leap bae"

Nene said softly as she placed a hand on Y/N's shoulder, trying her best to comfort her and ease her worries. 

"It's been three years, Miles ain't gonna stay single and available forever know"

Ajia added on, and to the girls' dismay she knew her friends were right, she knew Miles wasn't gonna wait around for her, and she knew she had to say something soon, but she was scared.

Y/N pouted as she had an internal conflict with herself about this. Seeing her inner turmoils, nene rubbed her shoulder for assurance.

"like girl, I'm like 100% positive he likes you back, you just can't see cus he acts like showing a drop of emotion is gone kill him"

Nene rolled her eyes as she stated the facts about the way Miles acts, which was true, due to the things Miles had gone through, as he gets older, the more emotions he leaves behind.

"cus like, you're the whole package Y/N and I'm being so dead ass. you're mad pretty, you got a bomb ass body, you're cute as fuck,  you're funny, you're talented, you're smart, you're reliable. you're wifey material."

Ajia placed a hand on Y/N's chin and tilted it upwards so that she could see she was serious. Y/N couldn't help but smile at her friend's words, they always made her feel good about herself. 

Y/N chuckled before letting out a sigh, turning her head away gently, feeling better as she knew she had her friend's support.