12

Seven seas of rhye

"Armin get down!" The blonde quickly did as told when Annie threw her sword towards the transfigured human behind him. The girl immediately dashed and  kicked the other that was coming for them and yanked her sword before finishing the other with a single slice.

Light mist enveloped school grounds were now swarmed with transfigured humans which they were trying to kill off one by one. Though they can sense the enemy coming for them, it was still hard to recognize with all of the mist that clouded their visions.

"Shit! They're everywhere!" Jean was irritated as he tried to pry off the creature that crawled to his shoulder.

Levi observed his surroundings after a transfigured human was sliced into half, it seemed that no matter how many of these creatures they have killed, their numbers were still growing and growing.

"Tch. All of you gather to the roof!" The moment they heard that voice, the squad immediately followed. As they regrouped, they realized just how many those creatures have surrounded them.

"The mist seems thinner up here." Says Hanji, they really seemed to have made a good choice fleeing.

"Yes. However it's only a matter of time until those pests crawl their way up here." Levi bitterly stated.

Pieck turned to the ravenette man."What are we gonna do?"

A loud gun shot echoed from the roof after Sasha used her rifle to hunt the other transfigured humans. "It's only a matter of time before I run out of bullets."

Just when you thought all of it was over, seems like disaster really is everywhere.All these made Jean unwillingly covered his ears as he crouched down.

"Blood Manipulation: Slicing exorcism."

A loud gush of harsh wind echoed on the ground as a numerous creatures dropped down. They were all cut in half. A spinning dark red blade ran over them killing all transfigured humans in it's path.

"Shizue-san!" Sasha was relieved the moment she saw that figure land on the roof.  They couldn't be any more relieved.

"Did you see him?" She ask. They all looked at each other in confusion.

"Who?"

"Patchwork." Shizue looks at them, only to see the clueless look on their faces. That's odd. He made an effort swarming the field with transfigured humans yet....he didn't bother to show up?

"No. Just those.... whatever you call them." Reiner said, since he couldn't recall the term Hanji just said earlier.

Shizue nodded. "I've cleared the path on the North, just-" She didn't manage to finish her words when a cold force struck her off the roof. This caught her by surprise, after all there were no other person in the roof besides them.

Levi was quick as he tried to catch her hand before she could completely fall, but a certain sharp force made a cut through his wrist that made him let go.

"Shizue!"

Hanji's eyes widened when they saw the amount of blood that spilled out of his wrist. "Levi! You're bleeding!"

"I'm fine!" The man hissed and quickly ripped the hem of his sleeve to tie his wound. "Dammit. It's fucking cold."

He cannot go on like this, he needs to go after her, Shizue cannot leave his sight.