💌 | Dottore x GN!Reader

Comenzar desde el principio

You took a seat at your desk and picked up a pen.

Well then, time to get some work done.

= = =

For the first week, work wasn't so bad. Most of the time it was just tons and tons of paperwork. It got boring after a while, but at least you were able to get them done on time. Earning yourself a pleased hum from The Doctor each time you handed them in.

So far, so good.

"The paperwork for today is done, sir," you said, placing the papers down onto his desk.

He nodded. "As efficient as always. I think you're ready."

You were puzzled by what he meant. You wanted to ask but didn't want to bother him. So you just left, hoping whatever he was implying wasn't anything bad.

= = =

The next day came and you were up and early, waiting for him at your desk. He entered the office not too long after, but something was different, he wasn't holding a stack of paper like he normally was. Instead, it was a lab coat.

"Judging by your work these past few days, I've decided that you're ready for something a little more... exciting." He then threw the lab coat at you, for you to clumsily catch it.

"Follow me." Was all he said before opening the doors to the lab. You quickly put your coat on before following closely behind.

The first thing you noticed was the pungent, iron-like scent, your nose picked up on in the air. It made your stomach twist and turn. The Doctor's frame was taller than yours, blocking your view of the center of the room.

"This, as you may have already guessed by the interior, is the lab. And today, we're going to do some testing with the new liquid I concocted on a volunteering subject." He then moved away from your view. And what you saw in front of you made your skin crawl.

The Doctor put some gloves on and went over to the person, who was very much alive, strapped down to the operation table with multiple wounds apparent on his body.

"Come," he simply said, gesturing you to go over to where he was standing.

You could feel your legs wobbling as you walked to him. Your steps were hesitant and your eyes were on the person with a gag in his mouth, muffling his pained pleas. You then felt something in your hand. You looked at what The Doctor gave to you—a syringe filled with some glowing liquid.

The Doctor took some disinfectant wipes and applied it onto the subject's arm, preparing for an injection.

You could feel cold sweat forming on your palms. You knew experiments would get involved taking up this job. But you were not expecting to have a human test subject. One that was still living and breathing.

This... this isn't right. Your mind screamed.

The Doctor took a step backwards, giving you some space.

"Go on. Let's see how you'd do. I've read in your resume that you've handled syringes and injections before. So this should be a piece of cake for you," he spoke, eagerly watching your every move.

Should I just call it quit? You asked yourself. Finding it difficult to choose in this dilemma of yours. It took you years of hard work to get here. Should you really quit just because you were were simply uncomfortable?

Come on. I'm the assistant of one of the most powerful harbingers. It would be shameful of me to back down just because... You argued. You could feel your heartbeat pulsing violently throughout your body as you raised your hands. The tip of the syringe stopped just inches before the man's arm.

You could feel it. The Doctor was getting impatient by the second. You could hear the sound of his shoes tapping against the concrete floor, "Well?"

This felt wrong, very wrong. But you had no choice, if you wished to keep this job of yours. You mouthed a "sorry" to the squirming man, before pushing the syrinige into his flesh, closing your eyes and and injecting the unknown substance into his body.

"Bravo, took you long enough." The Doctor said.

"Wasn't so hard now, was it... hm?" He grabbed your chin and turned your head to face him. You were wondering why he did that until he brushed his thumb across your cheek.

"It seems like you are in distress."

You touched your cheek slightly and it felt wet.

Well, okay. This is embarrassing. Crying in front of a harbinger. He's going to fire me now because I'm crying over such a small task.

"I take it this was your first time experimenting on a live human being?" He asked, in which you answered with a nod.

"I figured."

"I-I apologize for my incompetence, sir! I'll do better next time and—"

"I didn't ask you to explain yourself. It was a yes-or-no question," he said.

"I was expecting you to quit when I saw you trembling. But my, oh my. You did so well." He carried on, "I must say, you did so much better than my previous assistants. Yes, what we're doing might be considered morally grey in the eyes of others. But keep in mind, this is all done for a better understanding of science; and of course, to fulfill her majesty's dreams, in the grand scheme of things."

He then gave you a little pat on the head.

"So you needn't regret what you've done. All you need to know is that you did a great job. And I must say... you might be my favourite assistant, so far."

He wiped your tears.

"Do me a favor, and don't dwell on what happened today, because there would be more of this to come. And soon, you'll get used to this, understand?"

"Y-yes, sir."

Upon hearing your response, you could see a grin forming on his face.

"What a good little assistant you are."