~ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙎𝙞𝙭: 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 ~

Start from the beginning

They lay in silence for a few moments, basking in the afterglow. "Last night was more than I could have ever imagined," Astrid said, making Sloane blush. "I'm glad I could make it special for you," Sloane replied, sweetly kissing her lips. Their kisses only continued as their wedding night flashed before their eyes. Even though the wedding was over, that didn't mean their fairytale had come to an end. "Hey, can I ask you a question?" Sloane reluctantly pulled away. "Hmm, is it a sexy question?" Astrid smirked. "Oh god, I hope not. Do you think we're being too harsh on Dad?" Sloane replied.

Astrid's face fell as she sat up in the bed, covering her torso with the sheets as Sloane also sat up, fearing she ruined the mood. "Trid, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up," She panicked, grabbing Astrid's shoulder. "Sloane, I had a complicated relationship with Reginald," Astrid reminded. "I know that. The way he treated you was disgusting," Sloane nodded. "Not only did he do that, but the Reggie I grew up with lied to me, used me and my siblings, and for years, I let him get away with it," Astrid sighed.

"This is a different Hargreeves. You need to give him a chance," Sloane rubbed her back. "Do I?" Astrid whined. "Look at how he spoke to you before the wedding. And I know he did his little speech, admitting and apologizing for what we went through, but one little speech doesn't undo years of trauma. I had to undergo years of therapy because of what he did," Though Sloane didn't admit it out loud, Astrid had a point. Granted, her experience with Reginald wasn't all peaches and cream either, but Sloane didn't have it nearly as bad since he was drugged up most of the time.

Before Astrid could open her mouth to reply, a knock came from the door, and Astrid and Sloane's eyes widened at who it could be. "There should be a robe in the closet right there," Astrid pointed to the far corner of the bedroom, and Sloane nodded appreciatively, while Astrid changed back into her clothes from before the wedding. As the knocking continued, Sloane hurriedly ran to answer it, and the moment she did, she saw it was Allison. "Sorry, I hope I'm not interrupting anything," Allison stated. "No, don't worry. Come on in," Sloane opened the door further and let Allison inside.

"Sorry about the mess," Sloane apologized as Allison looked down at the ground and the trail of clothes. "Oh, don't be. I've been there before," Allison shrugged it off. "I just wanted to come by and say I'm sorry. Okay? I've been a really shitty sister lately," Astrid turned away from the window, a bit surprised. Did somebody slip a nice potion into her drink last night? "You know, if you're handing out apologies, Viktor should be at the top of the list," Astrid spoke. "No, I know. I'm gonna get to him. I'm just working my way up," Allison assured. 

"Okay..." Astrid spoke cautiously as suspicion of Allison's behavior crept in. How was she to know that Allison was really sorry? What if Allison was going to attack her when she least expected it? It happened before; it could certainly happen again. Or maybe she really was trying to turn over a new leaf on their last day of living. And the longer Astrid and her sister stood in the uncomfortable silence, Astrid decided to give Allison one last chance. "Well, I forgive you," Astrid cracked a smile, making Allison smile as well. "Kay. Oh, and Dad called a meeting at noon. Are you both going to come?" Allison questioned.

"Oh, I see. I see what this is," Astrid rolled her eyes. "Astrid, he has a plan," Allison looked confused at her sister's reaction. "And your point?" Astrid squinted. "A plan he thinks can save the universe," Allison added. "So, please come. Both of you," As Astrid was about to decline, Sloane told Allison they'd be there. And with a big smile and a thumbs up, Allison left the suite. Astrid slumped as she pressed her back against the wall, her gaze turning back to Sloane. "You know, I really wish you wouldn't have done that," Astrid spoke softly. "How does it hurt to hear what he has to say?" Sloane questioned.