~ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣: 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙊𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧 ~

(A little spice at the beginning!)

"I don't think I've ever... done that before," Sloane chuckled, her hand clutching the bedsheets. "See? I told you all you had to do was trust me," Astrid's hand caressed her toned stomach, snuggling her head into Sloane's shoulder. The gravity girl kissed her forehead before looking up at the ceiling, her heart still racing a thousand miles an hour. What should've been one of the quiet and comforting moments following this moment was soon met with immediate fear. Not just for herself, but for both of them. 

"Are you okay?" Astrid asked, lifting her head as her girlfriend's expression turned from an out-of-breath but happy expression into one of worry. "Do you think we were..." She paused, looking at the wall that separated her and Fei's rooms. "Too loud?" She whispered. "I don't think so. If anything, you're better at being quiet than my clumsy ass," Astrid replied with a chuckle at the end of her sentence.

While that response did settle some of Sloane's nerves, it wasn't enough for the fear of being caught to leave her head. But the more she felt Astrid snuggle into her, all she could was hope it was just her paranoia. She looked back at her blonde angel, smiling as Astrid gently cupped her face. "We'll worry about it, later," she whispered, kissing her nose.

Sloane giggled before grabbing the comforter and pulling it over them as they snuggled closer. "Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" Astrid asked. "According to my calculations, you've told me two dozen times," Sloane grinned. "And I'll say it a hundred more times. I love you, and I don't care what the world thinks about us," Sloane leaned forward and pecked Astrid's lips, resting her forehead against hers and feeling their warm breath combine and caress their faces.

The two women soon passed out from exhaustion, still wrapped in each other's arms as the pale moonlight shone into the bedroom. Maybe once or twice, Astrid or Sloane would switch sides and turn over, but even in their unconsciousness, their hands wrapped around each other again. Sloane awoke the next morning to the sun in her eyes, and as she turned to see the still-sleeping Astrid, a smile spread on her face.

She felt the rustling of the bedsheets as Astrid tiredly stretched her arms out and met her girlfriend's gaze. "Morning, beautiful," Sloane whispered. "Good morning, Slo," Astrid smiled, her hand inching closer to Sloane's cheek. The Shadow Girl's eyes slowly fluttered open and closed, trying to adjust to light peering into the room. But just gazing into the eyes of her lover awakened her senses. "You up for a little breakfast in bed?" Sloane asked. "Of course!" Astrid replied, nodding her head.

The gravity girl slipped on her nightgown and wrapped a robe around herself before telling Astrid she'd be right back. Usually, she'd be one the first Sparrows to get up in the morning, which meant she got to call first dibs. As she grabbed nut butter and jelly, she noticed the foil-wrapped pizza slices that Jayme and Alphonso never finished. Just looking at them made her feel of pang of sorrow.

Using her powers to lift the small bowls and other food back to her bedroom, Sloane quietly crept back down the hall, looking in every direction for Fei, Christopher, and Ben, just feeling like at any moment, she would be caught. But to her surprise, she could still hear their snoring and returned to her bed and her awaiting girlfriend. "You remembered the nut butter!" Astrid smiled as Sloane quietly shut the door behind her.