Matron Qin helped Yan Mo finish his bowl of medicine and then wiped his mouth with a handkerchief. Ying'er brought over a small dish of candied fruits and had Yan Mo suckle on one. Yan Mo offered one to his big sis but Yan Yan shook her head.

"I've brought some servants over from grandfather's place. I'll arrange some in your room later. These are all our own people, you can be at ease in using them."

Yan Mo nodded obediently and didn't ask why he needed people in his room. Yan Yan stroked his hair and ordered those servants to come in.

Yan Yan had those four maids take care of Yan Mo's various matters along with Ying'er and Yan'er. As for Matron Dong, she had been especially chosen by Yan Yan for Yan Mo.

Both the grannies that came were steady and astute. Matron Dong was a little more forceful in doing things. Prior to giving her the people, Second Madam Shen had told Yan Yan that things should be used where most appropriate, and people were the same way. Suitable people needed to be put in suitable positions.

Matron Qin who had served by Yan Mo's side was attentive and loyal. She was just a little bit of a pushover and wasn't forceful enough. She was fine dealing with normal people, but she wasn't able to deal with those troublemakers. Yan'er was forceful enough, but she was young after all. It was more appropriate to have someone older.

"Matron Dong. I'll leave you by Ah Mo's side. I won't say anything about serving wholeheartedly. If you serve him well, you naturally won't be mistreated. You are steady and firm. Don't have any misgivings about dealing with troublemakers while serving Yan Mo. If anything happens I will cover for you. Of course, I'm not telling you to go around bullying others. Hopefully you are able to grasp the difference."

Matron Dong patted her chest. "Miss Yan can rest assured. This servant will definitely serve the young master wholeheartedly."

Prior to coming here, they had all met individually with Second Madam Shen. Regarding the fishy aspects of the Weiyuan Marquis Estate, they had also been warned. They naturally understood what was going on. Even if Miss Yan wasn't able to protect them due to her age, there was still the Zhenguo Duke Estate behind them. Prior to leaving, Second Madam Shen had told them to report back if anything happened. As long as they weren't unreasonable, as long as they did the right thing, even if the heavens collapsed the Zhenguo Duke Estate would take care of it.

Furthermore, Miss Yan didn't seem to be a mistress who wasn't able to protect her people. Earlier at the Ningxiang Chambers, that large crowd of people didn't dare make a sound towards her.

Matron Dong also felt her heart ache for Yan Yan. She had to stand up for herself at such a young age. Children without their mom protecting them were just so pitiful. The group of people from the Zhenguo Duke Estate had all seen Shen Yi Yao's attitude earlier. It was impossible for them not to feel weird about it.

No wonder the estate had given them directly to Miss Yan instead of the eldest miss. This eldest miss was truly muddleheaded! However, it wasn't convenient for servants to comment on their mistress's affairs. Matron Dong could only think about it in her heart.

Yan Yan nodded and said: "Then you will serve Yan Mo with Matron Qin in the future."

She used the word "with" and not "follow". This was pointing out that Matron Dong would have the same status as Matron Qin. Matron Qin was someone who tried to please everyone to begin with, and would occasionally complain about herself for not doing enough. Seeing that she had a helper, she naturally pulled her along and helped her familiarize herself.

The other few maids and grannies in the room were all those who had served Yan Mo in the past. Ever since Yan Yan gave Matron Qin, Ying'er and Yan'er to him, he had never used anyone else. He was young anyway and he rarely left the house, so he didn't need that many people serving him. These people were Yan Mo's in name, but had been put in storage at some point.