Luo Huai Yuan said: "I heard little second Shen say your mood hasn't been good lately, and called you out to drive away your worries. Being cooped up inside all the time is too depressing."

It wasn't her first time playing with Luo Huai Yuan, and Yan Yan knew he was someone who loved messing around. Especially when he was with Shen Qi. The two would always come up with amusing antics. Yan Yan didn't know that it was partially because Luo Huai Yuan was never a serious person, but also because the two of them wanted to cheer her up so they naturally kept clowning around.

"Little Ah Yan is only so old but already looks miserable all the time. Be careful of turning old too quickly."

Luo Huai Yuan's expression and teasing tone made Yan Yan unable to resist laughing and also glaring at him. Being glared at by the little consort made him feel blissful in his heart, but he still put on a show of great misery and bitterness.

Yan Yan looked at his appearance and felt it seemed familiar. After seeing his teasing glance, she suddenly understood.

"Oh, you dare imitate me?!" She clenched her little fist and hammered Luo Huai Yuan a couple of times.
Luo Huai Yuan's eyes glowed as he hugged his head and scurried off.

"Aiya. The female mountain king is enraged. Aiya, she's out for blood...."

He cried out all sorts of nonsense and even pretended to be extremely frightened. Yan Yan had clearly frozen but he was still putting on his performance happily.

Seeing Yan Yan stop moving, Luo Huai Yuan froze as well. He rubbed his nose and awkwardly said: "Hehe, little sis Ah Yan. I'm just messing around with you."

He was secretly howling in his heart. He hadn't been beaten by the consort in so long. How nostalgic.
Yan Yan let out a breath of relief and gave him another glare.

This fellow was someone who played along, and seeing that Yan Yan wasn't really angry, he sidled over smiling. "Little sis Ah Yan, don't be angry. I'm just messing around with you, hehe....."

Then he served tea and offered fruits while apologizing ingratiatingly.

Due to this round of messing about, the two of them seemed to have gotten a bit closer.

Taking advantage of the opportunity and seeing that the mood was pretty good, Luo Huai Yuan asked: "Little sis Ah Yan, can you talk about why your mood hasn't been good? This one will help ease your worries!"

Seeing her glance at him without speaking, he laughed in embarrassment and said quietly: "I get it. There are many things that outsiders can't know about. Each household has their own troubles...."

He let out a sigh and sat at the front of the boat staring into the empty space in the distance. His expression was extremely melancholic. Luo Huai Yuan gave others the impression he was someone carefree and without worries. This sort of melancholic expression was truly incompatible with his usual self. Yan Yan looked at him weirdly.

"Let me tell you about my own matters...." This fellow spoke with a depressed expression.

This was throwing out a brick to get a jade.

If Yan Yan was older, this sort of performance naturally wouldn't have been easy to pull off. But since she was only ten, she had just started developing her own view of the world. She also had her own troubles and worries. Hearing someone similar in age talk about his own troubles was also a good source of guidance and release. They were both children. Didn't boys and girls their age enjoy telling each other their feelings?

It had to be said Luo Huai Yuan had a good grasp of human nature.

He first created a relaxing atmosphere. Then, he lowered her vigilance by messing around and closed the distance between them. Finally he used the "throwing out a brick to get a jade" method, using himself as an example to help Yan Yan think through her own worries. Therefore, after Luo Huai Yuan finished telling her about his own matters, Yan Yan was silent for a long, long time.