"don't be too dramatic huggy. she's not gone forever" luke assured, trying to cheer his brother up. he, like everyone else, had noticed that the ex-couple seemed to have rekindled their friendship and everyone was glad.

"she is and it's my fault. i caused this but i miss her so much" he lamented, his head reclining back on the couch and his hands once again going to his face, in an attempt to cover the tears starting to fill his eyes.

he was so frustrated. at him, at devon, at the situation. he knew he was to blame, he knew he was in this situation because of him and it was eating him alive. he would never forgive himself for how stupid and careless he was. he had been with the woman of his dreams, with the woman he was so sure he would settle with and because of his insecurities and immatureness he let her go, he pushed her away.

"huggy..."

"i was so stupid and i lost her and i feel like i lost meaning. i achieved so much with my career and it felt great but at the end of the day i still felt empty, you know? and now i saw her again and i feel like i got it back, just a tiny bit of meaning, but i'm losing her all over again" he rambled, his voice muffled again since he refused to remove gis hands even if he knew luke already knew he was crying.

"quinn, you know i love you and i'll always support you but you can't keep feeling sorry for yourself. it was your decision, you broke up with her, you gotta own up to it" luke surmised, saying everything frankly and upfront.

"i know" quinn sighed, wiping his cheeks harshly and closing his eyes, taking deep breaths and laying his hands on his lap.

"i'm not trying to make you feel bad, you know i'm not but you can't change the past, you can't undo everything that happened. all you can do is try to fix it, try to get your friendship back but only if she wants to. i don't want you to hurt her, she doesn't deserve it" luke said, he too looking away, not bearing seeing his brother so out of it. it hurt him too, when quinn broke up with her, because not only did it affect them both, it affected the entire friend group.

"we're starting over" quinn confesed, a tiny smile covering his mouth.

"good, that's a good start"

quinn wasn't one to share his feelings. ever since he was little he was always the closed off one, devon helped him change that. over the years, he had started to close off again but his brothers made him feel a security he was sure he only felt with devon. so, it was easy for him to let out all his darkest thought to luke, even if he was still embarrassed to do so.

"i love her" he whispered, his voice breaking as he looked everywhere but his little brother, embarrassed.

"i know you do"

"hi" they heard, barely a whisper at the entrance of the room. they both turned to look, their eyes falling on devon standing there, trying to make herself appear smaller with her arms around herself. she could immediately sense she had walked into something hut against her better judgment, she decided to make herself known.

"hey dev" luke smiled, causing devon to smile back and slowly walk into the room, her eyes going to quinn's slumped figure who was frantically wiping his cheeks.

"did i interrupt?" she softly asked, standing infront of them and playing with her hands, worried for quinn.

"you're okay. do you know where dawson is?" luke asked. standing up nonchalantly.