chapter 5 dinner

The next night I got dressed and went downstairs and saw Alfred opening the door and the girl walked in and looked up at the top of the stairs and saw me and smiled. Dinner wasn't ready yet so I gave the girl a tour of the house and she said wow a lot of dog related stuff. I said do you have a problem with that? She said no I don't, I love doggies. I laughed and that made her smile. 

Dinner was ready and me and the girl went to eat. While she was eating I asked her where she was from. She said here. I said oh so you were born and raised in Gotham? Why? She said probably to be closer to my father. I said you don't look like Harley Quinn. She said yeah cause she's not my mom. My father gave me to Harley to raise me here in Gotham City. Just in case I wanted to get to know my father. I just have to find him first. I have an idea of who it might be but I'm afraid to tell them cause I might be wrong and if I am well that's going to be embarrassing. I said oh? Who do you think it is? She started laughing and her laugh sounds so familiar. I said, did I say something funny? She said why so many questions? I smiled and said nothing. I just want to know more about you. She laughed and said okay why this big table? It's just you. Who is that guy in that picture on the wall? Do you really need 2 bookshelves in your office? I know you don't read those. The big long black table in your office that's such a waste of space. I said woah, were you the one who broke into my office? She said yes that was me. I said give me what you took back. She said I don't know why I came here? I was stupid to think that if I intagated you. I would find out if you were my father. I gasped and said you think it's me? She pulled out a picture frame and gave it to me.

I looked at the photo and looked up at her and she said what do you know about that tree? I said I drew this to remember him. It's where I met him for the first time. She said what happened between you too? I said we fell in love and one day our parents found out about us. Our parents tried to keep us apart. One night I ran to the tree and we met up and I kissed him harder than I ever did.

The cops took him away and I never saw him ever again. I do read those books. The table is for board meetings. It's a family of nine so I need this big table and that man is my father. She said that her real name is Daisy. I said I told him If I was going to have a daughter I was going to name her Daisy. I wanna know why he didn't tell me about you. I would have loved to have you. When I look in your eyes I see him. You have my hair. Alfred came with dessert.

After dessert I said stay here. I would love to get to know you more. She said okay. I went down to the batcave and saw Alfred. He saw me smiling and said woah your glowing. Why? I said that girl upstairs is my kid.