Although he thought this, Luo Huai Yuan still nodded his head magnanimously.

Shen Qi the little brat immediately ran off, leaving Luo Huai Yuan behind to stare at that pit. Only after a while did he continue to shovel away the excess dirt on the sides. At this time, Xiao An Zi returned. He had ordered Xiao An Zi to find two thicker logs while he himself played around idly with the shovel.
Shen Qi returned very quickly, running like a gust of wind.

From this brief period of knowing him, Luo Huai Yuan could tell this little brat Shen Qi was bursting with energy. As expected of the Zhenguo Duke's household. Everyone was fierce and powerful. He looked over and was feeling sorry for that little sis. Being dragged along like this, how could those short little legs keep up?

When the person arrived in front of him, he raised his head and was immediately stunned.

Yan Yan! A miniature Yan Yan!

Those brows, those eyes and that little face. Although she didn't have the looks she had back in her prime, Luo Huai Yuan could still recognize her even if she turned to ash. A miniature consort! Luo Huai Yuan let out a wolf's howl in his heart.

Yan Yan was dragged out by Shen Qi who said there was something fun to do here. Her mood hadn't been good these days and she didn't want to come at first. Shen Qi acted shamelessly and forced her to come along.

The moment she arrived, she saw that little fatty crouching in place. He was round all over and crouching seemed to be rather difficult for him. Then that person raised his head and she saw that round face filled with various colors, as well as a black eye.

Yan Yan was a little stunned. This was from being beaten, right?

Which household's child was so pitiful, being beaten black and blue!?

She didn't realize that this was already a major improvement. When Luo Huai Yuan first arrived at the Zhenguo Duke Estate, even the Zhenguo Duke had been stunned at the sight. His face was so swollen it had changed shape. Over the past couple of days, he had used all sorts of high-quality medicine. The swelling had gone down, but the face was still discolored.

Luo Huai Yuan saw Yan Yan's startled and sluggish gaze, and felt like dying.

He had planned on getting familiar at the Zhenguo Duke Estate, or perhaps waiting until after he moved out, before sneaking off to see his little consort. Who knew that he would run into her here in advance?
He knew how frightening his current appearance was, and suddenly cried tragically in his heart.

He didn't mind being laughed at by Shen Qi, but this wasn't the same. It wasn't the same! As for where it was different, haven't you heard the saying women prettied themselves up for the person they liked? Men were the same way. Although he was merely a boy, and not a man at the moment, his heart was still that of a man.

Little consort, you definitely can't be disgusted at my current ugliness. He was fat to begin with, and now his image was completely ruined.

Shen Qi laughed mischievously and introduced him: "Little Ah Yan, this is Luo Huai Yuan. He's big bro's new friend. He said we're going to do a cookout, so I brought you over to take a look."

"Luo Huai Yuan, this is my little sis Yan Yan. She is my younger aunt's daughter."

That's right, that's right. His little consort's maternal household was the Zhenguo Duke Estate. How did he forget? However, in his past life Luo Huai Yuan had secretly investigated it. His mother-in-law's relationship with her family wasn't good, and they had stopped interacting early on. Why did they look so intimate at the moment?

Luo Huai Yuan thought of all sorts of things as he hurriedly stood up. The little shovel in hand became evidence that needed to vanish and was thus tossed behind him. He then hurriedly wiped off the dirt on his clothes.