Spend Time With Someone

Depuis le début

Aww... That's so cute. They are so lovey-dovey.

"That's lovely.", I said and continued, "So this project is Raghu Uncle's gift for Aunty, isn't it?", I asked and they nodded together with a smile.

They left from there but Pavan was looking at me from time to time until he got into the car and drove away.

Soon Uncle came and we went to the office in his car. He said we will come back in the evening and I can take my Scooty then.

During the whole ride, he explained the project. He won a tender from govt. on building a commercial place on the east side of the city. He is working with a 700-crore capital. He also said many daily wagers will be benefited from this.

I knew Raghu Uncle as a good human being. He has ethics and morals. I'm sure he will make sure all the people working on this project are benefitted.

Soon we reached the office and straight away went into his cabin. He put on his businessman face as soon as we entered the office.

A man entered the cabin and wished uncle.

"Good morning sir.", he said.

"Good morning Mr.Kunal. What are the updates?", Uncle asked him.

"Samples of all the materials are tested, sir. The reports will be here by 1:00 p.m.", he said.

"Signed Cheques?"

"They are with Shekhar sir, sir. My team tried to contact him but he was not available.", he said with concern.

"That's fine. I already talked to Shekhar. Nothing to worry.", Uncle said and Kunal heaved a sigh of relief.

"Call the contractors and ask them to join at the sight in two hours. Tell them that my P. A will come and give their cheques. I don't want any delays.", Uncle ordered in a stoic voice.

"Yes, sir.", he said. Uncle turned towards me and asked, "Did Shekhar give you all the cheques?"

"Yes sir.", I said again looking at the chequebook. He asked me to call him uncle but that is not appropriate in his workplace.

He turned to Kunal and said, "Arrange the lunch for all the workers at the site."

"Yes sir.", Kunal answered.

"You may leave now.", Uncle sounded rude but maybe it was normal for them.

"Sure sir.", he said and left the cabin.

"Now we will reach the site and give the cheques to the contractors and wait for Mamatha to come so we can lay the foundation there.", he said the plan and I just nodded.

We got up to leave but we heard a knock and Uncle said come in.

"Sir, the PVR project needs your attention right now. There is some problem at the sight.", he said with a worried face.

"Who is handling the project?", uncle asked.

"Kavitha and Akshay sir. They asked for your presence in the conference room.", he said.

"Okay. Inform them that I'll be there in 5.", Uncle said.

The man left and uncle turned towards me.

"I'm afraid you'll have to go alone to the site. The PVR project is soon reaching its deadline and the problem should be addressed as early as possible. Can you handle it?", he asked with a concern-filled voice.

"Of course, I can handle uncle. I'll go there. You and Aunty come together directly.", I said with a confident voice.

"Okay. I'll inform one of the drivers and he will take you there.", he said and patted my head.

He called someone and instructed him to take me to the project site. He also told me the number of the car. I went to the parking lot and searched for the car. We drove to the site.

In the office:

Sagar and Pavan entered their father's cabin. They saw it empty and asked Kunal about his whereabouts.

They were waiting and in no time Raghu entered the cabin and greeted his sons.

"Hi, boys. How come you are here?", he asked. Pavan is still looking at the door for Sameerana to enter. He just saw her but all his senses and thoughts were already filled with her.

"Nothing. Just Pavan canceled his meetings for today and wanted to spend some time with someone.", Sagar said in a teasing tone. Pavan glared at him.

"Someone?", Raghu asked raising his eyebrow.

"I just want to spend some time with Mom as it is her birthday.", Pavan tried to cover the topic.

"Ohh.", Raghu said.

"For that, you'll have to wait a few more minutes. We shall go home, take your mom, and then go to the site.", he said setting his desk and saw a cheque in his drawer.

"Oh shit. This cheque is with me.", he said keeping his hand on the head.

"What cheque Dad?", Pavan asked.

"Cheque for cement contractor. I promised them ill hand over the money by 1:00 p.m. I also sent Samee with all the other cheques to the site. This one was with me.", he said in a worried tone.

"Relax Dad. Call her and say that the cheque is with you.", Pavan tried to calm Raghu.

"No Pavan. She must've already reached the site. The network is very bad there.", he said.

"I have an idea.", Sagar said and the other two looked at him.

"Pavan will take the cheque to Samee. You will go home. I'll go to my office.", he said and shrugged.

"Okay. That will be good.", Raghu is impressed by Sagar's idea.

"We came together. And you are taking the car for yourself?", Pavan asked pointing the keys in Sagar's hands.

"Take my car. The driver will drive you to the site. I'll take another one.", Raghu said to his elder son.

"Okay."

They all were set to go out and then Kunal entered with a file in his hands.

"Sir, the quality check file.", Kunal said.

"Okay. Keep it on my table. I'll look after it.", Raghu said and was going out.

"Isn't it be checked 24 hours before the starting of the construction?", Pavan asked.

"Yes. But every contractor is the same as for the PVR project. I thought this would not be needed.", Raghu said.

"I'll check.", Pavan said and took the file from Kunal.

All three went in their respective directions.

Sagar left for his office. Raghu left for his home. Pavan sat in the car checking the quality check file while the driver is taking him to the site.