He didn't answer.

"It's important," I continued but there was still no response.

"It would make my grandma happy if you could..." I began saying but I didn't get to finish because the door opened and his frame slowly materialised before my eyes.

"I heard you the first time," Gojo spoke with a cold tone as he walked passed me.

Despite the pain his response caused, I am happy to see him out because I want Satoru to really enjoy this day.

He did start to get out of his room more and more as days went by, but he is still cold and indifferent, especially towards me. Gojo didn't talk to me, or at least, nothing except for good morning and good night. He is still spending most of his time in his room but is actively talking with my grandma and even played with Mika a few times. I don't expect him to just go back to his usual self; before the incident, we did fight, so I know he doesn't want to talk to me. But I have hopes that in time, this situation is going to change.

However, that hope was shattered within a single day.

Once Satoru entered the kitchen, my grandma and I wished him a happy birthday. His surprised face and shining eyes gave me a glimmer of hope.

The candles were lit, and he actually smiled when he approached the cake. I felt like I wanted to cry but my grandma was first, letting her tears run down her cheeks. I hugged her as I told Gojo to make a wish and blow out the candles.

He closed his eyes and did it. A rush of happiness took over me as I couldn't held my emotions back.

"Yay!" I exclaimed as I went and hugged him tightly.

For some reason he didn't push me away. Satoru held me there with one arm while tasting the cake with the other.

I miss his touch so much. I want to stay like this for as long as possible.

I thought as I placed my head on his chest, closing my eyes for a brief moment.

He is as warm as I remembered. His hug has that type of coziness that would wrap around your heart never allowing you to be able to get rid off. And why would you? Why would you want to lose this?

I broke the hug as I tried to compose myself.

"What did you wish for?" I asked, our eyes locking as I spoke.

"Nothing, actually."

"Why?"

He let out a little sigh as he shifted his gaze away.

"There is something I've been thinking about for a while," he started to say with a much more serious demeanour.

I was listening to his every word as it was the first time in a while since he talked like that to both of us.

"I want to get emancipated."

Yet, the shocking sensation that that sentence conveyed made my whole body tense as my heart began beating out of my chest.