Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

    Stiles dipped his finger in cover up and scrubbed it lightly over his bruise. He had finally stopped crying. His eyes were red and puffy. Where he didn’t apply the make – up at, his face was deathly pale. Once he was finished, he scanned his reflection thoroughly. The bruise had disappeared. Stiles tried to surpress a small smile but it hurt to.

    Just then Danny had entered the bathroom again. His dark eyes immediately went to Stiles face. He cupped his chin, his gaze drilled on Stiles countenance. Trembling with fright, Stiles awaited for, Danny’s response about his face. But he didn’t receive one. Danny dropped Stiles chin. Both boys then stood in utter silence.

 “I’m sorry…” started Danny scratching the back of his head awkwardly. “I’m sorry I flipped out on you”

  Gulping, Stiles didn’t say a word. It was best if he didn’t. Danny’s bipolar behaviour scared the hell out of him. If he had said anything and it wasn’t the right thing to  say, Stiles will be treated with Danny’s wrath.  Moving closer to him, Danny grazed Stiles forehead. A gasp lodged in Stiles throat. He kept it down and stared at, his boyfriend.

  “Please forgive me” he whispered in his ear. His breath tickled Stiles ear. Resisting the urge to shiver, Stiles said something that he didn’t at all mean.

  “I do, I forgive you”

      A smile the size of texas graced, Danny’s tan features. He embraced Stiles in a sweet and tender hug. Stiles heart beated with confusion. Hardly, did Danny ever hug him like this before. Stiles was used to his faux emotions and gestures but this…was different. It wasn’t fake it felt real and geniune. It reminded Stiles of why he fell in love with Danny in the first place. A memory floated in the back of Stiles mind.

   Closing his eyes, Stiles was pulled into a flashback.

Flashback

    It was  nice sunny day in Beacon Hills. Sitting on the steps of Beacon High School, Stiles sat reading a book. The novel had engrossed his attention since the moment he picked it up. It was the best page turner that Stiles has so far read. He was close to the ending of the book when a shadow fell over him.

  He looked up and saw his friend, Danny smiling at him.

 “Hi” said the dark haired boy shyly.

   Stiles muttered a greeting back. Danny then sat down next to him on the stairs.

   “So what are you reading?”

   Holding up the cover of his book, Danny nodded his head surprised.

“Never took you as the romantic type” he laughed and Stiles unknowngly smiled. He liked the sound of Danny’s laughter. It was smooth as waves crashing against a shore on the beach.

 “Well yeah…me either” admitted Stiles flustered.

   The book he was reading the called ‘The Notebook’. If anyone especially his dad, had found out he was reading this, Stiles would die of embarrassment. But he was alright that, Danny knew. He wouldn’t judge them like the rest. It was one of the things he liked about him.

“Nicholas Sparks is acutally one of my favoirte authors”

“Really?” asked Stiles in surprise.

   He didn’t strike Danny as much as a reader.

 “Yeah”

   A moment of quiet passed between the two. Stiles closed his book and put it inside his backpack. He was about to stand when Danny touched his palm. His touch shocked Stiles to the moon and back. It was warm and caring.

 “When you finish with The Notebook I can lend you, The Last Song. It’s really good” said Danny.

“I’d like that” Stiles beamed at Danny and walked away. The bell for first period was going to ring soon and he didn’t want to be late. As he was wlaking away, Stiles could feel Danny eyes on his back and a smile tugged his lips.

  Flashback Ended

   “I love you” Stiles opened his eyes, the memory swimming away. Danny kissed his collarbone and his hands held Stiles tigther. His breath stuttered. Stiles loved the feel of Danny on him. It made him feel no longer worthless.

 “I-I…love you too”

     It was the truth. Stiles did love Danny that it most of the times it hurt. But deep inside of Stiles his love for, Danny was starting to vanish. How could he love someone who hurts him? Love someone who verbally and physically abuses him?

  “We should probably leave now, if we don’t want to be late for school” said Danny and he let go of Stiles.

   Staring at his reflection one last time, Stiles exited the bathroom with Danny. Together, they both got dressed and then loaded up in Danny’s car. The entire ride to school, Stiles remained silent. Thoughts invaded his mind begging to be answered.

  How can I love someone who makes me feel like shit?