This youngster will let you run your mouth for now. You'll have plenty to cry about in the future!

Luo Huai Yuan pretended not to have heard and sat down in his third row seat.

At this time, the fifth prince Luo Jing arrived as well.
He was tall and thin, his face like jade. He had a pair of phoenix eyes that slanted into his ink-black brows. He was the most handsome out of these princes.

The only issue was that he wasn't whole. Luo Jing was a mute.

The fifth prince Luo Jing was the only one who never bullied Luo Huai Yuan. In fact, he treated him pretty well. This sort of well treatment referred to him sharing food when they were younger, and also included the osmanthus cakes from yesterday. Unfortunately he was also a nobody in the palace, similar to Luo Huai Yuan. He seemed completely oblivious to the happenings in the palace.
He was mute but he wasn't deaf. He was just innately a blockhead, and never involved himself with palace affairs. This gave others the impression he was both deaf and mute.

Luo Huai Yuan had wondered in the past if he was also faking it, but the two never interacted deeply enough for him to verify.

Before long, the princes' instructor, high-ranked scholar Yu Si Mao arrived.

He was over sixty years old and had a long beard. His face was frail and he gave off a refined air. After arriving, he continued teaching where he left off the day before.

The crown prince never came. He had his own tutors and instructors, and after he turned twelve he didn't learn with the other princes. It was due to the need to recognize seniority that his seat remained in the first row.

While Yu Si Mao lectured up front, Luo Huai Yuan lay prone on his desk in the back.

He had always been this way at the Chongwen Hall, and this time was no different. A foolish pig of a prince had no need to learn, even if he was truly listening at times.

Luo Huai Yuan's thoughts slowly drifted.

There was no need to consider the crown prince. His mother was the empress and he also had the backing of his maternal family, the Jing Duke. He was also the first born, and had always been of high status since birth. As for Luo JIn and Luo Qi, they had Senior Concubine Xu who was the most favored out of the harem and whose methods were extremely good. The princes were still underage. After they came of age and left for their vassal states was when tigers and dragons would truly start fighting.

Of course, their struggles in his past life had nothing to do with him and old fifth. Only the senior concubine and the empress's sides were engaged in struggles. But once the fighting died down, he and old fifth didn't have a good ending either.

He had no maternal family and had always been hated by his father. He had no backing whatsoever. Once he turned twenty and left for his vassal state, what right did he have to change his fated demise?
At this moment, Luo Huai Yuan wildly tried to come up with a plan to leave this place. Only by leaving the palace would he not be constantly observed and have to worry about his safety. And only by leaving would he be able to do other things, and be able to see her.....

As he was spaced out, the instructor had already left at some point.

Only then did Luo Huai Yuan snap out of it. It was time for their break, but he remained unmoving and prone on his desk. He was just minding his own business, but some people still found it an eyesore.

"This damn fatty really disgraces our father's name. No brains nor brawn, just a pile of useless meat!"

Luo Huai Yuan rolled his eyes. If this effing daddy here weren't a pile of useless meat, would your dearest mother let this daddy off? Who doesn't know how to mouth off!?