Was it truly a dream?

Luo Huai Yuan, looks like you like dreaming too much. That's why you feel everything was a dream!
There was no dream. It had never been a dream. Otherwise, your heart wouldn't be hurting so!

Xiao An Zi carried over a basin of water.
He was thirteen or fourteen years old, his features delicate and his body frail. When he was seven or eight, he was arranged by Luo Huai Yuan's side to serve. Now that he was older, he was still loyal and devoted. His mouth was just a little fussy.

"Highness, hurry and come wash up. The small kitchen's fire had long been extinguished. Therefore, this servant could only fetch a pail of cold water."

Luo Huai Yuan didn't speak. He first took off his clothes by himself and walked over to let Xiao An Zi wipe him down with a towel.

Xiao An Zi fussed as he wiped. After wiping for a while, his eyes turned red and his tone was mournful.

"Highness, did the second and third prince beat you up again? Why else would your body be full of bruises as well....."

Luo Huai Yuan froze and said superficially: "Don't remember."

That's true. The fourth prince's memory had never been good. But was it so bad that he didn't remember being beat up recently? Xiao An Zi wasn't old and he didn't think too deeply. He could only look sympathetically at his pitiful master.

After washing up, Luo Huai Yuan crawled into bed.
Xiao An Zi wanted to keep watch for the night but he didn't permit it, and had him go rest. His thoughts were very chaotic and he wanted to be by himself.
The inner hall grew dark but Luo Huai Yuan wasn't able to fall asleep.

That resentment and grief prior to his death in his past life was still fresh in his mind. Although his body had calmed down, his mind was unable to do so.

He had actually reincarnated? He had returned back to when he was twelve years old!

During this period of time, Luo Huai Yuan had already recalled this event.

In his past life, his royal father had also gotten fed up of this fat and foolish son of his, and ordered for his food to be controlled so he could lose weight. It was supposed to just be controlling his portions each time, but instead some contemptible people took advantage of this to take away his food. He had been suffering from hunger when old fifth Luo Jing had given him a plate of osmanthus flower cakes. He was about to go share them with his mother when he ran into the second prince Luo Jin and the third prince Luo Qi. They had not only knocked the cakes down, they even made him kneel and pick the cakes back up.

At that time he had already lived in the Grand Xi for twelve years and had been taught from a young age by his timid mom to remain low-key, mediocre, timid and foolish. It was best to let others feel disgusted when looking at him. At that time he also understood that if he hadn't done so, he might have died prematurely as his mom had said.

This palace was too frightening, and the two women that had dominated the harem were too frightening. Luo Huai Yuan had been unconvinced when he first transmigrated, but gave up after seeing countless women miscarry or their children die prematurely via more and more hidden schemes.....

This word was too savage, and he was so weak others could pinch him to death!

Therefore, he pretended to be foolish. He pretended for twelve years until it became second nature. But he still had some temper after all, and being stomped on and humiliated by those two children, he had thrown the cakes in Luo Qi's face in a fit of anger. What followed was a round of violent beating.
He hadn't retaliated. The moment the cake left his hand, he had snapped out of it. He had covered his head and taken the beating before going to his little space to sit blankly. Then he had accidentally fallen asleep and only returned after dark.