Chapter 33

"Hey Jean, good to see you. Mikasa filled me in on the situation. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help. Considering the circumstances, you both did well. Good work. Where's Emma, the twins? "

"She's resting, she needs it, the twins are with Mr. Braus. " Hanije gave him a sad smile, the corner of her lips curving the tiniest bit. " Levi's alive but in dire shape, he won't be dying anytime soon. " Mikasa looked over at Jean. " Dire? " Hanije let out a soft frustrated sigh. " He took a thunder spear head-on in a battle with Zeke, nearly almost killed him. " Mikasa's eyes fluttered shut, and she cringed, though she never liked Levi she felt relieved he was alive. " Listen. We made contact with some Marleyan stragglers and we've got the cart titan on our side now. We're going to try and stop Eren. Killing everyone isn't the answer.  "

" What do you think we can do to stop him? " 

" First off, we have to find a few more allies. The ultimate strategy will depend on who we have to work with, but I doubt we'll be able to accomplish but I doubt we'll be able to accomplish without at least you guys, plus a few more of the nine, and Emma. It's safe to sa- " Jean cut her off easily. " I don't think it is safe for Emma to participate, let alone keep turning. " Hanije's eyebrows furrowed. " What do you mean Jean? " 

" Emma's with child. "

" Emma. " Emma's eyes furrowed, adjusting to the basement's darkness they were all taking refuge in. The room was dimly lit but the few were all gathered around the room, resting in the cold room with nothing but a few lanterns and blankets gathered. " Armin? What are- " 

" We need to go, now. Gear up, we've found Hanije. " Emma nearly flew up, almost bonking her head with Armin's. She threw off the thin blanket from her lap and jumped to her feet in an instant. "Well what are you standing there for, let's get to it! " 

They hid in the woods at night, away from the remaining Yeagerists who had taken over the town. A campfire lit up the scene, which was encircled by a throng of Marleyans and the cart titan. "Hanije!" Emma ran straight into her, hugging her tightly as if she was going to disappear just like Sasha. Hanije sighed, hugging her tightly as well. Her eyes fluttered shut and her lips lifted. "I've heard the news," Hanije whispered in her ear, Emma pulled away. "What?" Hanije seemed happy, despite the current situation. "Another baby Levi." 

"Is he here? Is he- "

"He's okay, very hurt but he's stable. He's resting right now." A breath she didn't know she held had released in the warm arm. "There's a few people here that you may recognize." She had failed to scan the area of Marleyans who were their now supposed allies, when she did she noticed the two children, Falco and Gabi, the cart titan, and then there was Annie Leonheart. Emma hadn't seen Annie since she went giant on them. Annie and she were close friends, until Annie slaughtered her squad right in front of her, and she didn't know what to feel. She wanted to stomp over to her and demand to know why she did what she did, but she already knew. She couldn't believe she could live with herself knowing she had so much blood on her hands. Hanije noticed her body, Emma stopped breathing, her fists clenched in a fit of anger. Hanije grabbed her wrist, standing tall to catch her attention once more. "I know, don't cause a scene, we are all here for one reason and one reason only, and that's to stop Eren. "

:)