37. Happiness and Fury

Start from the beginning

"When will we start the map?", James questioned while the four of them sneaked up to the third floor to finally test their theory on the golden Snitch in the Trophy Room.

Sirius will never understand Hogwarts professors. For some odd and unknown reason, the first week was always one of the most homework-packed weeks in a semester. Since Remus did value his academic achievements, they all agreed to wait until the weekend to go sneaking around the castle again.

"And how will we start it?", Peter chipped in with a really good question. They haven't come up with any strategy when it came to mapping this huge castle.

"One thing at the time, my friends.", Sirius told the two of them once they reached the small passage with armors, "You know... we should give this passage a name like we did to the Hall of Hexes. Since we will create a map, there has to be names for specific corridors."

James huffed as he pulled the invisibility cloak off of them, revealing four students which were out of bed at two in the morning, "But this passage is nothing special, it only has armors nothing else."

A thinking expression overtook Remus' face, but from what Sirius saw, it only lasted for a few seconds before the boy said, "Armory?"

"No, he didn't!", Sirius exclaimed.

"He did.", James whispered at the same time in awe.

"How?", Peter joined in on the let's say something at the same time train while looking expectedly at Remus.

The tall boy just rolled his eyes at the three of them while entering the Armory, "It's just a name, you idiots.". When nobody moved to follow him, Remus stopped and turned back to them, "It's not like it is a space filled with armors!", he said sarcastically while swinging his hands towards the passage in hopes to show his point.

His antics seemed to wake the three of them from the trance. They bickered until they reached the big, glass door how Remus was a genius while Remus tried to tell them that he, unlike them, had common sense. Thankfully, tonight there was no moon in sight which meant one less cover up Sirius would have to do.

The Marauders walked into the Trophy Room like they owned the place and stopped in front of the 1492. Quidditch World Cup trophy. They decided to let James do the honor since he dedicated most of his time in figuring out what the hell were they even supposed to do to open the secret passageway.

Sirius watched as James stepped right in front of the trophy and leaned in slowly. As soon as his forehead touched the golden Snitch, it extracted its silver wings and they started to flutter.

Like it wasn't freaking stuck to the damn trophy last time they tried to rip it out of the silver hand which held it, the Snitch just casually flew away from the trophy and straight in front of James. He gave the rest of them a nervous look, before grabbing it.

To their surprise, nothing else changed.

"That's it? What about the secret passageway?", Peter whined while James held out the Snitch for all of them to observe.

Sirius wasn't so convinced that this was it. While the others continued to study the Snitch, he moved towards the now empty silver hand. It looked quite ordinary, or as ordinary as a trophy silver hand can look. Sirius lifted his hand in an attempt to try and move the trophy now. Maybe we have to rearrange them or something.

To his surprise, nothing like last time happened or nothing like he expected happened. Last time, all the trophies seemed glued to the shelf so Sirius thought that the Snitch may have temporarily lifted the charm which held them in place. But once his hand reached for the silver one, Sirius' fingers went straight through the silver.