"Third miss, this is the right thing to do. It's for your own good." A granny said.

This was a very reputable granny by the old madam's side who had served her for several decades. She was also the Weiyuan Marquis, Yan Yan's father's wet nurse. She was surnamed Zhao, and had a lot of face within the estate. Everyone addressed her as Matron Zhao, and even the Weiyuan Marquis was respectful towards her.

Yan Yan twitched her mouth, "Grandmother, I was wrong. I shouldn't have spoken to you disrespectfully."

The old madam patted her hand benevolently.
"Grandmother knows Ah Yan didn't do it on purpose. Ah Yan was just anxious at the time...."

How considerate, she had even come up with an explanation for her.

Unfortunately--

"Then can we discuss the matter of Ah Mo falling into the water now?"

The old madam's face turned rigid. She retracted her hand and looked at this stubborn and hateful little lass.

She had never liked this granddaughter of hers. Never. At first it was because of Shen Yi Yao. Afterwards, it was because this little lass always looked at her with a strange gaze. At that time she was only five or six years old, and was still immature.

A couple of years later, that strange gaze disappeared but the seeds of dislike had already taken root. She had so many grandchildren. Why did she need to force herself to like a little lass who never knew to act cute in front of her? The only reason she treated her benevolently was for the sake of the Zhenguo Duke.

If it weren't for him, the old madam wouldn't even spare her a glance!

"Also, when Ah Mo fell into the water and all those people didn't help him, shouldn't that be discussed as well?" Yan Yan spoke one word at a time: "Ah Mo is the Weiyuan Marquis's heir after all, and is the future inheritor of the Weiyuan Marquis Estate. He's the Zhenguo Duke's grandson as well as Governor Shen and the Xuanwei General's nephew. If such a major event weren't thoroughly investigated, wouldn't it be hard to explain?"

This was a threat!

Old Madam Yan understood!

This was truly a threat. Yan Yan's first time threatening someone was actually towards the old madam who was seated in the seat of honor, her own grandmother.

The old madam was already over fifty years old, but had taken good care of herself. Her face was round, her body stout, her skin fair and clear and her expression benevolent. A head of grizzled hair was tied up neatly in a bun behind her head. She wore an azure headdress, upon which was a ruby the size of a dove egg. Dressed in a jade green robe embroidered with the pattern of five fortunes surrounding the life character, she exuded an air of nobility.

At this moment her face grew solemn and her brows furrowed, her dignified aura increasing by a few shades.

"Ah Yan, were you speaking to your grandmother just now?"

This was also a threat. Yan Yan understood.
She straightened her back, clenched her fists and looked directly at the person across from her, not allowing herself to reveal any weakness.
"Yes. The matter of Ah Mo falling into the water must be thoroughly investigated today!"

The air froze. Shen Yi Yao frowned and walked over, wanting to say something, but was suddenly interrupted by the old madam.

"Fine, looks like everyone in this residence no longer has this old woman in their eyes...."

The old madam inhaled sharply and started bawling. She leaned against the carved rosewood chair and started crying her eyes out. "When Ting'er isn't home even a junior is bullying this old woman. I might as well just die...."