Chapter 58

Jimin Point Of View

It's been a few months since Ni-ki has been training and teaching Kookie about his power. It took a while for us to get Kookie to agree but also to explain it's for his own good. He is happy with turning into a cat as he has something to do with Yoongi. It took Jhope and Namjoon to talk to him about what his other power is and everything involved with it. The quicker and sooner you get trained the easier it becomes when you actually get it.

We are nervous about how Kookie will get the power as Ni-ki said for him it was when his mates were in trouble which is probably most likely going to be how Kookie gets the power. We don't want it but if that is his power then it needs to happen as it's much worse when you have a power wanting out but isn't getting out.

Kookie is extra clingy as I think it's more because other people are in his space which he isn't really used to. We let him have a long lie and I was nominated as tribute to wake him up. He has his nest so we need to be careful we don't damage it in any way.

"Kookie?" I asked outside the door.

I didn't get a response so I went in and saw something cute but also made me worry. Kookie was in a blanket sucking on one of the areas of his teddy that was made by me in bed.

"Kookie?" I asked again.

Kookie looked at me and I knew we had little time. I closed the door and rushed to him. I got into bed and Kookie cuddled into me.

"Neck or wrist?" I said.

He reached for my hand and I took that as he wanted my wrist. I sat up a little and wrapped my other arm around him to bring him closer.

"Feed baby. It's okay." I said softly and kissed his head.

Kookie kissed the back of my hand as well as my wrist before I felt his fangs pierce my skin. A couple of minutes went by and Kookie let go and licked up the remaining blood.

Kookie leaned up and kissed me. I gently brought Kookie closer to me. I felt Kookie place his hand on my chest.

"I love you baby." I said softly.

"I love you too." Kookie said before kissing me again.

We stayed in bed a little while watching TV. Kookie eventually got up and got ready. I just stayed where I was and actually had a half hour nap. I woke up and I felt lips on my cheek kissing me.

"Can I say something to you babe?" I asked.

"Of course." Kookie said smiling.

"Please, oh please never get in the state you were in before. I know you don't like interrupting us if we are talking or doing something but it's truly okay. I can speak for everyone when I say we would rather you interrupt us so you can feed instead of getting to the state you were in when I came in as it could have been worse." I said.

"Okay. I will try and get better at that." Kookie said.

"Good boy." I said.

I took Kookie's hand while he clutched onto his teddy and we made our way downstairs then outside. The guys had things set up for a picnic. Kookie doesn't really go out much and he can only be out for so long as the sun does still affect him. I got settled and Kookie got settled with me by putting his head on my lap and put his legs over Jhope's.

"I know I have given you a lot of information and it has been difficult but you can ask me anything and I will answer. If you want to go back over stuff then we can." Ni-ki said.

"I know mind compulsion could be my other power but what is it?" Kookie asked.

"Mind compulsion is a very rare power. I am the only one that I know that has it. There will be others but they keep it a secret." Ni-ki said.

"Why does it need to be kept a secret?" Kookie asked. We all kinda panicked a little

"It's a rare power and it can be a power many other vampires want for their own benefit so it can be dangerous. You have 6 mates who are very protective and love you so much that it will take a lot for someone to get you. Right now only your mates, Sunghoon, you and myself know about it. We need to keep it that way." Ni-ki said.

"I don't want a power that is dangerous. What if I get kidnapped? I don't want it. Can I get rid of it?" Kookie asked, scared.

"It is scary but it's also a really good power. A long time ago before people knew vampires existed there was a cop who was a vampire and he had the power of mind compulsion. He used the power for good and used mind compulsion to the people to say the truth. He was at the top of his field. As vampires are immortal he had to go to different places so people wouldn't catch on. Eventually some did and he lost his job." Ni-ki explained, then took a bite of his sandwich.

"Can you tell me how you got your power?" Kookie asked.

"I am not sure." Ni-ki said, then looked at us.

"You can but spare the details." Jin said.

"I was 100 years old when my power came to me. Jake is one of my mates and he has the same power as yourself and Yoongi but instead of turning into a cat he turns into a dog. He got into trouble and I said a demand to the person and they followed it and the people that were with him followed the guy I told the demand to." Ni-ki explained.

"Jake began sucking up to Ni-ki and he was Ni-ki's favourite person for a while." Sunghoon said.

"Can you show me the power so I understand what it does?" Kookie asked, wanting to know more.

"Who should I do it to?" Ni-ki wondered.

"Do it on me." I said. We stood up and Kookie went to cuddled with Jin and he brought his teddy.

"Jimin. Bring me the most recent thing you have finished making." Ni-ki said and I left to get it.

"Tell us about it." Ni-ki said after I came back with it.

"It is a big blanket that when all of my mates and I are cuddling we can all share the same blanket instead of several. It also has the colours we all like in a pattern so it looks pretty." I said.

"You can go and put it back where you got and when you come back sit down and take a bite of your sandwich." Ni-ki said.

I left to put my blanket back then sat down then had a bite of my sandwich which I haven't done since I was cuddling Kookie.

"That was sooo cool." Kookie said.

"When you use the power, mind compulsion, you need to stare into the person's eyes and not blink. If you blink while doing it then the compulsion doesn't work. Most vampires do it on humans as they have no idea that they are being compelled whereas if you do it on vampires they know they are being compelled but they can't stop doing what they were compelled to do."  Ni-ki explained.

"I also know that some vampires use their mind compulsion to make humans dream about different things. It can be a nightmare or reliving a day. Some vampires are nice and make humans dream about something nice. The nice dream could be the human dreaming of being in a relationship with the vampire that is compelling them to dream about him or her." Ni-ki added.

"I will say that there are a lot more people that know about vampires than what there has been and so parents put vervain into their kids drinks and food. They can even make them wear jewellery that has vervain in it as if humans have ingested vervain or has it on them like a ring or bracelet then they can't be compelled. Also if vampires try to drink a human's blood and they have vervain in their system as it goes into their bloodstream the vampire will become weak, feverish and can even go unconscious. The worst case is the vampire can die."  Sunghoon said.