Chapter 52: If You're Not Afraid of Being Alone, Stay

Start from the beginning

As soon as Nan Yi sat down, Ling Ran opened the food box on the table, "Yu Shen's butler mentioned that post-surgery, you should only have liquids and semi-solids. I prepared some porridge for you, Mr. Nan."

Pouring the porridge, Ling Ran continued, "I'm sure my cooking isn't as good as the housekeeper's. I hope it's to your liking."

Nan Yi received the bowl, neither nodding in agreement nor shaking his head in disagreement.

"Will Mr. Nan be able to speak right after discharge?" Ling Ran continued to inquire.

"No, he'll need some time to adjust. He should be speaking normally in three to nine months."

"That doesn't seem too long."

Now aware of his feelings for He Yu Shen, seeing Ling Ran again made Nan Yi feel somewhat uneasy.

No matter how he sat, he felt awkward and a bit nervous, continually lowering his head and sipping the porridge in small bites.

"How many more days until discharge?" Ling Ran asked again.

"Three or four days."

Halfway through his porridge, Nan Yi remembered that He Yu Shen hadn't had breakfast either. He wanted to ask but didn't want to interrupt the conversation between Ling Ran and He Yu Shen.

As he was contemplating, the quiet alpha standing nearby finally spoke.

"Yu Shen hasn't had breakfast either, has he?"

Nan Yi looked up at the alpha. The man's gaze was fixed on the person next to him, and with that smiling face, he truly seemed gentle.

"Uncle Ling, didn't you also prepare a dish for Yushen?"

"Ah, yes! My memory failed me for a moment." Ling Ran hastily unveiled the top layer of the food container, revealing the egg noodles beneath.

Nan Yi noticed He Yushen's hand, resting on his lap, twitch slightly, yet he pretended not to notice.

Only when Ling Ran handed it over did he carefully reach out to accept it.

"Madam, the master said it's time to return home."

Song Jing's father, Butler Song, stood at the door, gently reminding them.

He Yushen's action of holding the noodles halted, his face displaying evident impatience: "Even the time I spend outside is restricted by him."

Ling Ran, with his ever-benevolent smile, said, "It's alright, Yushen. I'll be on my way now."

"Mr. Nan, after your discharge, feel free to visit me."

Nan Yi, a bit shyly, nodded in agreement.

Ling Ran left, but the Alpha called Yun Luo remained.

"Yu Shen, when will you head to the company?" Yun Luo inquired.

"Tomorrow, I suppose."

Nan Yi's porridge bowl was nearly empty. He wasn't full, but he had lost his appetite.

"Alright, I'll head back to the villa first."

After Yun Luo's departure, only Nan Yi and He Yushen remained in the room.

He Yushen was eating noodles, moving with his usual elegance, though slightly more hurried than usual.

He finished the bowl of noodles, slurping down every last bit of broth, leaving it cleaner than Nan Yi's porridge bowl.

It was just a bowl of egg noodles, yet he ate it as if savoring a gourmet delicacy.

"Let's pack up and head home."

Nan Yi: ?

Was He Yushen talking to himself?

[I was supposed to stay for a week.]

"No need. You've recovered well and can be discharged."

Nan Yi in disbelief: [Really?]

"I'll be returning to the villa tonight and heading to the office tomorrow. We've just signed a few new celebrities, and there's much to arrange."

"If you're not afraid to stay alone in the hospital, you can complete the week-long stay and then go home afterward."

Nan Yi paused in surprise. Home. He Yu Shen was referring to it as 'home.'

No sooner had He Yu Shen finished speaking than Nan Yi eagerly expressed his desire to return.

As if anticipating the response, He Yu Shen chuckled lightly, saying, "Then pack up your belongings. Once Xiao Wang arrives, we'll leave."

Nan Yi didn't have many belongings, just some personal hygiene items.

He Yu Shen disappeared for some unknown reason. Nan Yi sat on the bed, waiting. He even tidied up the bedding.

Wishing to keep the bed neat, he then moved to sit on a chair.

He Yu Shen, absent from the ward, was currently seated in the office of Nan Yi's attending physician.

"I can take him home now, right?"

"You mean Mr. Nan Yi?"

"Yes."

"Mr. Nan Yi is in good condition. Hospitalization isn't strictly necessary."

He Yu Shen stood up, intending to leave.

"Wait a moment. I haven't gone over the precautions yet. Why are young folks always in such a hurry?"

With an impassive face, He Yu Shen settled back into his seat.

"His throat will be delicate for a few days, and he may experience some mild pain. Don't indulge your omega and give him whatever he wants to eat. He can only have liquids or semi-liquid foods for at least a week."

"Also, he shouldn't use his voice. You're his alpha, aren't you?"

He Yu Shen hesitated for a moment before nodding.

"Then be extra vigilant. If there's any discomfort, contact me immediately. My contact details are on the table; add me."

Silently, He Yu Shen took out his phone and scanned the QR code.

"You must closely monitor your omega's throat condition. Don't be negligent."

The doctor gave He Yu Shen another concerned look.

The man looked refined, but he also seemed to have a temper.

"Understood."

"Added, please confirm."

Only after the doctor gave his consent, He Yushen pocketed his phone and left the doctor's office.

In the ward was an omega, seated obediently on a chair, having tidied up the bed. A hint of a smile played on his lips.

"Let's go, time to head home."