01 - A Kid Blows Up A Toilet

Start from the beginning

"It's Corey Cesel, where is Chiron? And why has the room changed? Where's your tiger head?" Corey asked, looking around to find the stuffed head. Annabeth looked at her bewildered. "How do you know so much?" She asked Corey while Mr D drifted back into his own world. Corey smiled at her, "I told you, I've been at Camp before. You really think I survived seventeen years without knowing I'm a half-blood?" She spoke with a lighter voice. Annabeth could tell Corey's tone was that of an older sibling or mother. Her eyes seemed softer as her voice seemed to flow like calm waves at the beach.

"Cordelia Cesel? My eyes deceive me"

Corey smiled at she looked back where Mr D was sitting. At the open exit behind him was Chiron in all his glory. "Chiron" Corey smiled, walking towards him. The immortal teacher lowered himself gently as Corey hugged him tightly. "I cannot believe it, you haven't aged a day" He was amazed at her, trotting around her softly.

"How long have I been out? The Big House looks different? These clothes are...so unusual" Corey asked him, feeling like she was out of place around everything that felt like home to her. Chiron's face turned melancholy. "Cordelia...you've been missing for over seventy years" He told her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Corey was silent, her eyes welling with tears as her body slowly began to tremble. She stayed like that for a few moments. "Min Jung...did she make it" Corey asked, holding back her tears. Chiron nodded solemnly, "Yes, Min Jung lived a long life for a demigod. Age thirty-two before she passed. You would have been proud" Chiron spoke softly, watching Corey wipe her tears.

"Good, that's good. So can I go to my cabin?" Corey asked him. Chiron seemed to freeze. "Um, Cordelia. Many things have changed since your time here. The Gods now claim the children, parents don't usually know who they are" Chiron explained to her. "What about powers? I mean that's how you figured out who I was" Corey seemed impatient, her foot tapping on the floor.

Chiron shook his head, "Cordelia, as I said that way of separating campers isn't used anymore. You can't just sander into your old cabin. Times have changed in both our world and the mortals" Chiron stated, looking over at Annabeth. "You should go and prepare for Capture the Flag, might be the first fourth win in a long time" Chiron smiled at Annabeth while giving Corey a wink. "Sure, bye Corey" Annabeth gave a small wave before leaving Corey with Chiron and Mr D.

Corey's body seemed to drop as she huffed. "Look, I've been at this camp longer than most demigods. Hell, I made it past my sixteenth birthday. I don't get why I'm not allowed to go back to my own cabin!" Corey balled her fists. Mr D watched as his can of Diet Coke shook on the table. "Cordelia, please allow me to explain" Chiron tried to calm her down. Corey looked at him with dangerous eyes.

"The last thing I remember is that stupid quest to stop some idiot Empousai from aiding in the war! All I want to do is relax in my cabin, away from the world" Corey's voice was tight, her fists turning white as she spoke. "Corey, you know why I can't let you. You remember the Oath, the reason you came here so young!" Chiron's words were lost as the can of Diet Coke exploded.

Mr D stood up and shook his hands out, the sticky soda on his skin. "Let her stay at the cabin, no one is to see her enter or leave under any cost" He spat before walking out of the room. Corey rolled her eyes, "How long left has he anyways?" She asked Chiron. The centaur shook his head. "Still as stubborn" He muttered under his breath. Corey smiled softly at him.

"Why don't you catch me up on what I've missed?" She asked him.

~Ψ~

Corey sat inside the infirmary, watching over Percy. "You're a lucky kid. Most kids I knew never survived their twelfth birthday, let alone the Minatour. Haven't seen him since I was a little older than you" Corey spoke softly, wiping away the grime under Percy's fingernails.