Chapter 1: Meeting for the first time, again.

"A rope?" I murmured softly to myself, my voice barely audible in the quiet room.

I gazed at the box, perplexed by the unexpected appearance of a rope. Questions swirled in my mind as I pondered its significance.

Curiosity piqued, I noticed a note placed beside the box. Its message puzzled me further: 'every Little details matter, my love Y/n.' My brows furrowed. My love? Who would address me in such a way? Especially considering I had just got here in this university, hardly acquainted with anyone.

The peculiarities didn't end there. The note seemed eerily knowledgeable about my plans, specifically where I intended to sit. The addressed box was neatly stationed at the foot of my chair. Could this person be one of the person who's sitting besides me. No, that's unlikely, i don't know any of them.

The inauguration ceremony proceeded, and the principal emphasized the university's esteemed reputation. "Our university has gained the reputation of being the best in the country. I hope you will uphold the value and reputation of the university," he declared, setting the tone for the academic year.

Amidst the applause and departing students, I found myself beckoned to stay behind and meet the principal. Intrigued yet unnerved by the unfolding events, I lingered in the auditorium, pondering the enigmatic circumstances that led me here.

Despite my initial application to the main university, I had been selected for a specialized program at this annex, catering to affluent individuals who fell short of the main university's academic standards. It was an unexpected twist in my educational journey.

Approaching the middle-aged man, presumably the principal, I noticed a young man standing beside him. Another student —strikingly familiar, yet utterly unknown to me.

As our gazes collided, a wave of inexplicable emotions surged within me, leaving me momentarily stunned. The unsettling familiarity gnawed at my senses, stirring feelings of sorrow, anger, and a deep sense of betrayal. But how could I feel this way toward a stranger?

The principal intervened, acknowledging the absence of a third participant. "Someone is missing. There's supposed to be three of you," he observed, concern lacing his voice. The younger man expressed worry, though his gaze lingered on us, harboring a hint of concealed knowledge.

"We have to carry on for now," the principal decided, masking his disappointment. "Well, I'll introduce myself again. I'm Father John Suting, your principal," he declared, introducing his younger companion. "And this man here will oversee the program."

Overseeing the program? He doesn't look any older then me. Looks can be deceiving I guess.

"I'm Dr Ame Suting, it's nice to meet you," the younger man, Ame, greeted with a disconcerting wink at me that sent a shiver down my spine, raising more questions than answers in this cryptic puzzle of intertwined fate and unnerving familiarity.

The principal's words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of responsibility and an underlying sense of urgency. "As you have read from the letter you received, this program's objective is to study the psychological  and physiological effects of the traditional educational system. We aim to develop a better educational approach while prioritizing students' mental and physical health. Regrettably, due to stress and depression, too many of our students have succumbed to suicide," he stated gravely.

"We have decided to take action to ensure quality education without compromising their well-being. We need your help," he continued, his tone earnest yet tinged with a hint of sorrow. "I do apologize because it's going to be hard, but we've made sure to provide you with the necessary facilities."